Anyone else feel that earthquake on the East coast?

Options

Replies

• yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I'm all the way in Toronto (or, actually, at my office about 60km north of Toronto) and I felt it!

Oh, maybe I'm not crazy then!

Yes - no one else in my office reacted, so rather than looking crazy by asking someone here I texted my hubby and he felt it in downtown Toronto as well.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I guess not too many people realize there are fault lines all over the country......

I wouldn't say that, I would say that we just don't get earthquakes here like that very often
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm in Pittsburgh and apparently everyone but me felt it.

I was likely running the stairs at the time. Guess I just didn't notice.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Ihonestly think I felt it here in Georgia
  • bstilland
    bstilland Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Felt it here on Long Island, N.Y. it was rolling & seemed to go on for awhile
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I guess not too many people realize there are fault lines all over the country......

we get them here on the east coast, but never this BIG. usually a 3 is considered a "big one". so you know, we're wimps about it. LOL.

guy in my office is from LA and he was like "eh, it's nothin'"
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am in WI, but I just read on FB that they are evacuating the Pentagon because of this...wow!
  • widmer3
    widmer3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Felt it in Central New Jersey!! Crazy, huh?
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Yep, knocked stuff off my walls & knocked down my blinds off the patio door. We are in Chester, just south of Richmond, VA. I lived in California for 12 years, so guessed it right off the bat.

Be safe everyone.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    In Florida but didn't feel it
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    I thought I was imagining things...wow. It was subtle but I felt it. I'm in Morganton, NC.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I felt it. I'm 30 miles from DC. Was kind of fun actually...I want a bigger one!
  • fit_chica69
    fit_chica69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I felt it here in Southern New Jersey!! So FREAKY!!!!! I hope everyone is okay. :heart:

8644877.png
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

Sure they do, but just because one person feels it doesn't mean that someone else will. I'm only 30 minutes away from my boyfriend's mother's work, she felt it, we didn't.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Yup, felt it in Philly. It was so weird. I work in a big warehouse and at 1st I thought it was from trucks or machines, sometimes we feel a tiny shake. Then all of the sudden it was harder and back and forth so we all got out.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My building is the tallest building in Queens, NY and I felt it shake! Scary! 5.8 they said on the news.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Felt it mildly here in Maine and thought I was just dizzy from being hungry. then talked to coworkers and they felt the same, came on here and found all this talk about it...
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Felt it in Toronto, Canada! My water was going Jurassic park style on my desk for about 1 minute. lol
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I felt it. I'm 30 miles from DC. Was kind of fun actually...I want a bigger one!

Careful what you wish for...

Glad your all safe, didn't feel in the Midwest but been through several in Cali.
  • Hattie2879
    Hattie2879 Posts: 131
    Options
    And wasn't there just a 5.3 mag earthquake in Colorado earlier this morning? I think I read that on the news earlier today.

Weird.