weight watchers..?

Just curious if any of you have tried it or know someone who has and what you thought about it. Did it work for you.?

Annnd.. I meet with a trainer today. I'm pretty nervous. Lol

Replies

• danimoon67
    danimoon67 Posts: 38 Member
    I have had much success with WW. Lost 99 lbs in the first year. I also exercise ( walking, Zumba, etc).

Still plugging along, but over the last few months I have switched to MFP to calorie count instead of counting points. I still go to WW meetings for the support and accountability of weighing in, which is a big motivator for me.

WW really helped me get a grip on what healthy daily eating should be and helped me immensely with portion control. It's also a great plan for me, because it emphasizes nothing is off limits, so everything in moderation.
  • Fit4sure
    Fit4sure Posts: 63 Member
    I lost all my excess weight using the Weight Watcher program and going to meetings. I later became a leader...

It works...if you work it.

You can check out my pictures...
  • I just left weight watchers because their new program wasn't working for me. I over eat the fruits because they are free and that wasn't helping my weight loss. I always liked it in the past but this time it just wasn't working for me.
  • Fit4sure
    Yup...I know about the fruit thingy...I can easily overdo the fruit not paying attention to serving sizes! (I'm a fruit-a-holic!) I had to "adjust" the plan for myself somewhat. I wasn't totally happy with the changes. I just didn't know HOW to be reasonable with "0" pointsplus fruit!!

I'm still doing Weight Watchers but found the "simply filling plan" the thing for me. I'm love, love, loving it! Most of the people I know (about 98% I'm guessing) lose weight on the plan as it is. They have a pretty great track record to be sure and aren't afraid to make changes if something isn't working. (remember when you HAD to eat so many fish and liver meals in a week!?!)

The biggest thing for me was the 1. Tracking 2. Weighing (accountability) 3. Support (group meetings with tons of ideas and help from other members) 4. Education (loads of good information and help in situations)
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    I was on it for about 5 months and initially lost 13 lbs and then gained it back. I quit. I love MFP much better and it doesn't cost me 40.00 a month. I have seen people who had success but just not for me.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    I made lifetime on WW a couple years ago. They're a good program, but I think it's hard to track their new points unless you buy the on-line service.
  • I agree with the $$$ I just cant afford 14 bucks a week. So i came back to MFP too.
  • Fit4sure
    That's why I'm on here. I'm a free lifetimer BUT that means that I'd have to pay for e-tools to track. This is WAY better to me as far as tracking goes and if I want to find recipes and information...I can "google" that anytime or find out information from WebMD or something like that (or ask on here!) I track my exercise on here and my food choices on paper and look to this site and a few friends for support.
  • ksandy1224
    ksandy1224 Posts: 35 Member
    My membership with WeightWatchers expires this weekend. I joined last November and lost a little over 30 pounds which was nearly 20% of my beginning body weight. I still have 5 lbs. to go to meet my goal, but like others, that's why I'm here now. I was tired of paying $40 a month and only losing a pound a week, if I didn't gain. I didn't track my cocktails though, plus I'm over 50 now so it's really hard to lose weight. Overall i think it's a good program, I just didn't want to keep paying that much until I made lifetime. And even then it's still $10 a month to use their eTools. I already pay $47.50 for the gym a month and $20 a week for a Pilates Reformer class, something had to go and it wasn't going to be anything at my gym! My suggestion, if you decide to join, is to attend a meeting every week, preferably at the same time every week, and be accountable to that scale. There were Saturdays (my weigh in day) that I knew I had gained a pound or two, but the humiliation and shame motivated me the following week. Good luck! And good luck with the trainer!