CALLING ALL BREAD LOVERS PLEASE!!

Options
Any of you that eat bread everyday (whole wheat/grain)? Perhaps 1 or 2.. or even 3 slices but still have progress with weight loss?

Just wondering.. any responses would be appreciated. Some people tell me to cut out whole wheat or grain bread period.. but I LOVE it and it hasn't made me gain weight with following a healthier diet and doing cardio at least 3 times a week.

(My diary is open for anyone to view) :) i'm at 1,200 cals per day.

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I absolutely eat it every day and have had success with weight loss.

My bread of choice is Arnold Whole Wheat Double Fiber.
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i eat bread 1-2 times a day...and i lose about 1-2 lbs per week. i only eat whole grain, though
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I eat wheat bread almost daily and I have lost weight.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I eat it everyday and haven't had problems with it stalling my weight loss. Sara Lee 45 calorie 100% Multigrain
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I eat bread everyday but it will be whote wheat with grian. I eat atleast 1-2 slices a day and I have lost atleat 2 pounds heh I just started out, Soo I guess it hasn't really hurt me at all.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I will never give up bread. For sandwiches I use Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delicious whole wheat.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 slices of whole wheat most mornings, with an egg. I can't fill up on cereal for breakfast I'm shaky by 10 am if I try.
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I eat bread daily as well, part of my breakfast, you can look at my diary if you'd like to see. I've been eating wonder smart wheat, 50 calories a slice. No problems with my weight loss.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I eat bread everyday! Nothing fancy at the moment but either Mrs. Bairds', Natures Own or subways 9 grain wheat bread. I love bread and I just can't seem to not eat it - besides Sandwiches seem like such an easy "meal". So far I've had success with my loss.

I am really not looking forward to fall/winter because that's when I'm always craving Mexican sweet bread and any other kind of pastries. (sigh...)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i think people who cut out bread completely are being totally unrealistic. It's part of a healthy diet! Everything in moderation. I have whole wheat bagel thins for breakfast everyday, whole wheat crackers for a snack sometimes but not often, and sometimes whole grain brown rice or whole wheat pasta with dinner. Granted my weight loss is slow, but that's how it's supposed to be unless you do a crash diet :o)
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of crap (bread, cookies, pretzels) and still lose weight. It is just a matter of not eating too much (that why I track on MFP).

Running a ton of miles helps the cause, but if you use it as a license to eat, you will gain weight (been there, done that).
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yeah, between 1 and 4 slices of whole grain bread every day while losing.
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    i dont eat bread everyday however i do love sandwhiches my favorite bread is natures own 40cal per slice with no HFCS..its a very hearty bread and it taste delicous and its only 80cals and i think like 14 carbs for 2 slices..def worth the try if your a sandwhich lover
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I could never give up bread too...lately, I have also been eating the Sara Lee 45 calorie...it is pretty good.
  • startingwithbasics
    Options
    Just stay away from the processed stuff like Mrs. Baird's bread. That is the biggest thing to avoid.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I eat bread everyday! Nothing fancy at the moment but either Mrs. Bairds', Natures Own or subways 9 grain wheat bread. I love bread and I just can't seem to not eat it - besides Sandwiches seem like such an easy "meal". So far I've had success with my loss.

I am really not looking forward to fall/winter because that's when I'm always craving Mexican sweet bread and any other kind of pastries. (sigh...)

I am the same.. I also LOVE mexican pastries my husband is mexican, and he introduced me to them, and they're delicious!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i eat bread, maybe not every day, but close. i use whole wheat, bagel and sandwich thins, and other such healthy alternatives to wonder bread, lol.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everyone for the responses!!

I LOVE Sara Lee's 45 cals per slice whole grain/wheat bread!! I have bread everyday.. or I use Ezekiel low sodium whole grain bread as well!
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    I eat 2 slices of Pepperidge Farms lite style soft wheat bread every day for breakfast. They are 45 cal per slice and not all that bad for carbs. Sometimes I have the whole wheat Arnolds Deli Flats. Sometimes (very rarely) I even indulge in some white scali bread... You need some carbs in your diet and definitely whole grains. I'm losing about a lb per week and happy with my progress and most importantly nit miserable because I'm still eating things that I like!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My wife eats anywhere from 2 to 5 slices of bread a day, and has lost all her baby weight in 3 months, and now weighs slightly less than before she was prego. She is now 5'41/2", 119lbs. We typically don't eat mass produced brand name packaged breads, but rather from local bakeries or the bakery in our grocery store, and never white bread.