So, why did you run today?

Options
Me? Mainly because it was on the schedule but also because of my boss. He is a TOOL...a complete *kitten*, misogynistic (spell check please) tool.

So I got out of work late (again), drove home, threw on my running gear, got mad about the lack of iPod and went for a run. And it worked. I ran him into the pavement, into the road, into the bridge, into the little alleyway I found and back up my street.

So yes...it works for me!

Replies

• TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    My dog begged me to.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Because I want hot legs. Yeah, that's why. Oh, and I have a 5, 4, and 2 year old. They drive me insane, and I need my endorphins released. Without running (daily) I'd be a ****ty mom.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    awesome!

i ran (at 4:30 this morning) because:

1. its too hot in texas to run at any other time
    2. I feel so much better when i do
    3. I want to reach more goals more than I like sleep
    4. i like being a mean drill sargent to my non-morning-person husband (evil laughter)
    5. my dog doesnt poop in the house when she runs in the morning
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    ..because of the 5K i want to run in October
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was being chased by large scary man
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Because I can!

haha, I always loved that saying :)

I haven't been able to run as much lately due to a muscle that I pulled in my back. So...now that it is better I am so happy to be able to run again. Nothing makes you appreciate running until you cant.

:)
  • shaqiirl
    Options
    Gives me power and makes me happy
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Because the scale STILL says 189.
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Because I love it! best kinda of cardio workout you can get in my opinion!!! :)
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I was being chased by large scary man

a DAMN good reason!!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Because I am training for a half marathon and if I don't get out for a run I am the most antsy person you will ever meet! This week has to be a cut back week due to wear on the sneakers though and I am going nuts waiting for next payday to come so I can get new ones!!
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be a runner and I would have felt bad if I had just walked. It's hot in here in Texas, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get where you wanna be!!
  • soonerchick14
    soonerchick14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person but I get up everyday at 5:30 to run...because I can! Oh, and because I'm training for a 15K (short term) and a 1/2 marathon (long term).
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    because I can
    because that is what I need to do to stay sane
    because there NO better way to start the day (ok, one better way I can think of)
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Because I haven't ran in a few days & I love running!! :heart:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Zombies.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i ran this morning (5:50 am) because:

1. It's the only time I can without trouble from my fam.
    2. I feel so much better when i do and have more energy for the day
    3. I want to reach my goal of running a 1/2 marathon on Oct 9th
    4. to defy my crappy husband
    5. because i want to look hot and sexy
    6. because running is much cheaper than a gym membership and I can control the hours :)
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    I haven't done it yet, but I will tonight when I get home from work & errands.

I run because not only is it something I never thought I would start doing at age 40, but also because I like it.

Just like you, it frees my mind, lessens my anxiety, and provides me with an escape from my problems.

Oh, and because it helps me lose weight and I want to run a 5K, but nothing scheduled yet.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Well I started out walking, but then I saw this yummy chocolate brownie floating in front of me. I tried to catch it but it kept just out of my reach, speeding up so I had to run. I ended up running/walking for 50 min. Never did catch the brownie. :(

Really- it's because if I don't, then I won't the next time. I know myself and if I break this early I'll stop. I've got a 5k to run in October and I'd better be ready for it!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Because I can!

haha, I always loved that saying :)

I haven't been able to run as much lately due to a muscle that I pulled in my back. So...now that it is better I am so happy to be able to run again. Nothing makes you appreciate running until you cant.

:)

I have no desire to Run, although I totally get why some people do LOVE it. But "Because I Can" is why I Walk, Why I take the Stairs instead of the Elevator, and why I Park as far as possible from the Store. Because not too long ago I COULDN'T do those things.