Logging workout DVDs

Options
What do I log them as? I did the Biggest Loser Cardio today for 40 minutes. But I'm not sure what to call it when I add it to my exercise for the day. Thanks!

Replies

• rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had the same question at one point, and the best answer I could find was to log the actual workout as aerobics, high intensity, and log the warmup and cooldown as aerobics, low intensity.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cardio Max is listed as mixed impact aerobics on collagevideo.com - for this DVD use what the previous poster stated - low intensity aerobics for the warm-up & cool downs & higher intensity for the rest

Cardio Max for Weight Loss is listed as high impact aerobics/toning on collagevideo.com - for this DVD use circuit training

After I figure stuff out - I put an index card in the video box that has the needed information on it.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Do you use weights? if it is just cardio the add it as aerobics. if it is intervals of push ups and other strength training stuff you can log i tin as circuit training.
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    I log it as aerobics or circuit training depending on what type of dvd it was
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Invest in a heart rate monitor, Polar ones are all great. It tells youw aht you need to know then you make up your own exercise for it! Best investment EVER on a weight loss journey!!!!!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i usually log in my biggest loser DVDs as circuit training, but since its all cardio, i would do it as high impact aerobics
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Id say aerobics-either high intensity or low depending on your dvd and how high your heart rate was
  • CME37
    CME37 Posts: 16
    Options
    I had the same question, since I am doing BL Cardio Max also. What would you all suggest for Biggest Loser Power Sculpt? Thanks in advance for any assistance and/or advise :smile:
  • CME37
    CME37 Posts: 16
    Options
    Just read an article on LIVESTRONG.COM which describes BL Cardio Max as a circuit training workout. The workouts consist of a variety of cardiovascular and strength exercises. Cardio Max burns calories and promotes fat loss. All exercises are performed in a circuit form and without resistance.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I had the same question, since I am doing BL Cardio Max also. What would you all suggest for Biggest Loser Power Sculpt? Thanks in advance for any assistance and/or advise :smile:

Which Cardio Max? - One is classified as aerobics, the other is circuit ..... see my post above.

Biggest Loser Power Sculpt: collagevideo.com classifies this as a strength training video. The warm up 5 min / 40 minutes toning / 5 minutes stretching.

Collage has a staff of fitness professionals do each video and then critique it for: level, impact, choregraphy, toning emphasis, etc. Consumer reviews are really helpful too.