20 Down by Halloween - Team 2

Options
Hey I wanted to make a thread for team 2! Lets all take the time to introduce ourselves, tell us a little about yourself! The more we know about each other the better we can all support one another! Once we all introduce ourselves, we will come back and give us some info on your weight gain/loss story, what motivates you and why NOW is the time to make a change :) Look forward to hearing from Team Boo (lol 2)

I will start...

My name is Cari, i am from southwest pennsylvania. Live in the beautiful mountains on a farm with my husband and our son, trent. Trent is almost 7 months old and we are still nursing (so i get extra calories lol) We have a blue tick coon hound named Hoyt. I am 26 yrs old, graduated as a physical therapist assistant, currently not working though! Just enjoying my time at home with my baby!! In my spare time, I make personalized name blocks for babies and i crochet, the cooler weather has me very anxious to get out my hook and yarn! I come from a big family, 8 siblings. We range in age from 30 to 8!

Ok, NEXT!!

Replies

• kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    thanks for starting this Cari.

Hi all. I'm corinne. I live in Hawaii. I have a 3.5 y/o girl and a 6.5 month old boy. they definitely keep me on my toes. I try to do some freelance writing from home, but most days all i get done is chasing a crawling baby around. He's much more active than my daughter was.

My starting weight as of yesterday was 143.8. My goal is 130 but closer to 125 would be awesome!
  • Julieta17
    Options
    Hello… My name is Julie, I am from Texas & mom of 2 amazing little men. Spare time?? Well I used to enjoy making beaded jewelry but now I usually workout after work and then pretty wiped out by the end of the day. Right now I’m just trying to stay motivated and keep working towards my goal. :wink:

**Noticed you are almost to your 1st mini goal… CONGRATS CARI!!
  • akmcdc0621
    Options
    Love the name of team BOO! haha how clever!

My name is Amanda. I live in MIssissippi, about 40 minutes from the beach. Im married and 21. I have an 18 month old son. I am training to be a dialysis technician right now so i work 14-15 hour shifts on mon, wed, and fri of every week. My husband and i are saving to build a house and he told me if i lost down to my goal weight we could pick out our house plans (there have been many debates about the house plans). I ALSO enjoy crocheting! how random is that! I wish i had more time to crack open a book because i love to read too. i have a very kind heart and would pretty much do anything for the people i care about and id do a lot of people i dont even know. Cant wait to hear from the rest of TEAM BOO
  • kiku76
    Options
    Love the name of team BOO! haha how clever!

My name is Amanda. I live in MIssissippi, about 40 minutes from the beach. Im married and 21. I have an 18 month old son. I am training to be a dialysis technician right now so i work 14-15 hour shifts on mon, wed, and fri of every week. My husband and i are saving to build a house and he told me if i lost down to my goal weight we could pick out our house plans (there have been many debates about the house plans). I ALSO enjoy crocheting! how random is that! I wish i had more time to crack open a book because i love to read too. i have a very kind heart and would pretty much do anything for the people i care about and id do a lot of people i dont even know. Cant wait to hear from the rest of TEAM BOO

thats so cool you can crochet! I would love to knit to crochet. I can olny sew. Lately I've been making my son cloth dipaers :)
  • akmcdc0621
    Options
    lol id love to be able to sew and it look good! i made an apron one time and it wasnt too terrible. i need to start learning though. We will probably wind up having to get second hand furniture for our house (which im sure none of it will match) and i wanted to learn to make slipcovers for everything.. if id sit down and do it id learn. i can hand stitch but the thought of a machine scares me!
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Corinne, I taught myself to crochet with YouTube lol! May be too hot in Hawaii for a heavy Afghan or hat!
  • caripta85
    Options
    Oh and i guess maybe we should weight in? So my starting weight is 183 lb goal 163 by halloween! We got this girls! It takes alot for me to just post my weight out there, but its getting easier!
  • kiku76
    Options
    yeah. that's part of why I choose to learn sewing. more things i can make that I can actually use.

before joining MFP, I probably would never have admitted my weight. but now it's like, ah whatever. Theres no judgement just support
  • caripta85
    Options
    yeah. that's part of why I choose to learn sewing. more things i can make that I can actually use.

before joining MFP, I probably would never have admitted my weight. but now it's like, ah whatever. Theres no judgement just support

well said :) no judgement, just support!
  • akmcdc0621
    Options
    That is a big mile stone on admitting a weight. I felt the same way and still sometimes i dont like it. Im naturally very muscular and can carry some weight well..even when i looked great i still weighed 20lbs more than anyone else. so admitting weight is hard for me. here I dont feel like anyone judges me, and why should they? ive got enough to worry about to make fun/judge anyone or even worry if anyone is judgig me.
  • caripta85
    Options
    I agree amanda! A few years ago, i lost alot of weight bc i was sick with my gall bladder. Everyone was like "oh my your too thin" and my bmi still said i was obese!
  • akmcdc0621
    Options
    My heaviest is 200. ive been doing this a couple weeks so my official weighin for us will be 194. Id LOVE to be 130, just to say im 130..my goal is to be in the "healthy" range (101.6 or so to 136 maybe) but im not sure i could make it that low. my real life goal is 160, and once i get there i will be looking in to trying to get down to 140. oooh im only 5'2 also
  • saeverman
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie and I am trying to relose some steroid weight. I had bariatric surgery almost nine years ago and lost 140 pounds. I was able to keep it off until I had to go on steroids and then I gained 90 pounds in six months! I have been able to lose about 60 of those 90, so my goal is 30 more. I see my bariatric surgeon every six months and had put on five pounds since April, so I am really motivated to get those and the rest off!!! I recently started back to school after being out for many years. I am studying nursing due to all the complications I have suffered as a result of my bariatric surgery. I am the proud mother of a twelve year old son.

My starting weight is 196.
  • akmcdc0621
    Options
    Nice to meet you and its great that taking interest in your own health has got you interested in helping others!
  • ambersobo9410
    ambersobo9410 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone My names amber. I've been married to my husband for about 3 1/2 years now and we've been together 5 years in nov... We have a handsome little boy his name is Nathaniel and he'll be a year old next month on the 4th. Hes my whole world. Im 22 years old but ill be 23 in oct. I would love to lose about 60lbs all together cuz ever since having my son the weight just hasnt came off.. My husband and I go for a walk almost everyday and walk 2 miles its fun cuz our son get the fresh air and we get the excuse.. other then that I love scrapbooking and photography.. Im a stay at home mom right now and i love it i get to spend so much time with my son and i couldnt imagine going to work.

SW:175.5(aug.18th)
    CW:173.0
    GW:115.0
  • dawnie_1979
    Options
    Hi All
    My name is Dawn and I am 31 and a mom to a 9 month old (Alexis) and a step mom to 10 year Kaity. We live in Sun Prairie WI and I am a huge Packer and Brewers fan.

I am currently working full time and some days its feels like a 60 hours a week (work from home to stay caught up). Lucky for me we have a large campus and I have to walk alot between buildings so I can easily do 5000 steps a day (I wear a pedometer every day). In my spare time, I love spending time with my family

I am sad to say that I am currently at my highest weight ever (excluding when I was 9 months pregnant and even then I was only 12 more pounds :( ) I really need to get out of the "I pregnant, I am eating for two" mind set (since she is 9 months old already).

I wish the best of luck to every one. I am able to log in everyday using my phone but I am not able to see the wall posts, so I will make a active decision to motivate you all every day.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Nakabi, almost 28 years old (next month) and my starting weight is 169. One calls me wifey, one calls me mommeeeeee, and one just stares at me as she nurses :) My son will be 2 next month and my daughter is almost 5 months old. Married to the most amazing man who loves and supports me in everything I do! (and for the woman who mentioned nursing and burning those extra calories, isn't it great??? lol...I nursed my son until my daughter was born so I've been nursing for almost 2 years straight...haha)

I work full time for an insurance company (hint: like a good neighbour....you can fill in the rest..haha) so finding the time to make time for myself is hard.

I am looking forward to all of us losing weight and looking and feeling great!!!
  • kiku76
    Options
    so, so far it looks like we're a bunch of mommies :)
  • caripta85
    Options
    mommies unite! lol I think everyone has checked in! It's great to get to know each other! Today i am going to exercise and stay under my calorie goal! Nothing fancy lol Anyone else have anything planned for day 3 of the challenge??
  • saeverman
    Options
    So I walk into my first day of Communication 101 hungry because I didn't get up early enough to eat and what does the teacher have for us? Homemade sugar, oatmeal raisin, and chocolate chip cookies! I started to justify that oatmeal raisin is the healthiest and then I remember this challenge. No cookies for me!! Thanks everyone!

Stephanie E