Diagnose me please...

Options
12346»

Replies

• TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Oh and in other news; I also have Herpes.
    So, the doctor was super impressed with all of my knowledge and he told me that I had a huge brain. Just kidding - I told him I spent the afternoon on Google and developed a slight case of hypochondria and decided that I was knocking on death's door, so I called him. He was still impressed. But, I did get sunburned on my way to the doctor - I mean, I AM of Norwegian descent. And because YOU MADE me go to the doctor, therefore causing my sunburn, I'll be sending you my Dermatology bill.
    Is this really going to end with you getting a solid solution from your doctor, you putting up with all the *kitten* we gave you for your post, then being good-natured about it, AND you're funny too?

Where is the drama in that? ;)

Glad you found an answer from a real-life doctor that you can address.

Well, I was thinking I could do some more conclusive reporting on my issue.. My first idea was to measure my sodium intake vs. my sodium loss. So, I'm developing a sweat catcher. Should be interesting AND DRAMATIC and not at all gross. I'll keep you posted.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    OMG... I'm so happy for you. I sweat a lot, too... even before the whole perimenopause thing with the hot flashes ;0). My doctor never mentioned anything about salt intake to me... it was years ago, though. I'm just SO glad you found answers!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Typically dizziness like that is due to low blood pressure or something called orthostatic hypotension where your BP drops when you stand up causing dizziness or the possibility of fainting.

This I think. I had this constantly through junior high, high school and college when I was healthy. You're best bet is to drink more water. You should double check on your iron as has been suggested. I never tested as anemic until after I had my son, but now, no matter how much iron I take in, I cannot get my iron levels above borderline.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same thing happen for about a year before I had my 2nd baby. In my case it was just low blood pressure that dropped dramatically when i stood up and then it would regulate again and all was well. There was no cause found, and there was nothing they could do to help it out except tell me to eat more salty foods. They suggested deli meats and chips....
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Well, I was thinking I could do some more conclusive reporting on my issue.. My first idea was to measure my sodium intake vs. my sodium loss. So, I'm developing a sweat catcher. Should be interesting AND DRAMATIC and not at all gross. I'll keep you posted.
    I so want to see a sweat catcher.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problems. but mine was accompanied with headaches... have you considered being low on iron. when i explained my symptoms to my mom ( a nurse) she said i needed to be better about taking my mutli-vitamin. so I started one that has 100% of my needed iron and now I am fine.. maybe it wasn't the iron but the vitamin sure helped me.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have this ALWAYS.

I have
    Vertigo
    Chronic Fatigue
    Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome

So I am going with one of those.
  • Keelahopkin
    Keelahopkin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello- I am only a nurse and not a doctor but what you are describing is orthostatic hypotension. Simply put it means that your blood pressure drops (briefly) upon sitting upright or/and standing. To affectively diagnose it you should take your blood pressure laying down (best in the morning before you get out of bed), take it again sitting on the edge of the bed, and once again as soon as you stand up. My guess is that it drops significantly. It is very common! To help eliminate the problem rise slowly- never just jump from bed to standing (you could actually pass out). Easy as that:) PS I have had this problem since I was a child- my blood pressure is insanely low anyway (80/45) so it takes me quite some time to get my vision back. Everything turns black for 30+ seconds but I can still hear everything and sense my surroundings. Increased sodium can also help but in the last year I have gotten old and now my ankles swell:(
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ive had this.. It improved greatly when I started taking an iron pill. Ive always been borderline anemic and took an iron supplement but stopped, not sure why. I started back last week and after a year and a half of dizziness, it has gone away for the most part.