Sketcher Shape Ups

Options
2»

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I posted recently warning people not to get them. I got planter faciitis and collapses arches from wearing them for less than two months. I am still recovering nearly 5 months later.
    The shoes alter your gait and can make your ankles roll inward which is what they did to me, they also put a lot of stress on your heel which isn't natural. I didn't notice any extra toning. Just injury.
    I recommend getting some reebox rizig (they have great support and stability) or nike flextr's. These are the two shoes I've been wearing.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    The fact that you had to ice your feet from one day of wear should be a warning sign...
  • futuregill
    futuregill Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The fact that you had to ice your feet from one day of wear should be a warning sign...

Ooops sorry I didn't have to ice my feet when I came home.
  • futuregill
    futuregill Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    They will tone and shape your legs exactly as much as non-shaping shoes...

I wouldn't be caught dead running in them, great way to get injured.

Agreed.

I'm thirding this. They do absolutely BUPKISS for tone and can actually cause more problems to your joints because they are making you walk with an unnatural gait. But you did mention work- if your job involves standing for 8 hrs a day I would go for them. The cushioning for standing for a long time on them would be the ONLY reason I'd even consider getting these fad traps, but if you're looking at them for muscle gain or exercising, then you're SOL and don't waste your money.

If you intend to pick them up, do NOT RUN IN THEM. They are not designed for running or anything like that and you will end up with injury. *wince* I've seen other runners wearing these at the rec center where I run* and I don't know how their ankles aren't broken yet with the way their contorting their gait to try and run in them. (That big pad in the shoe doesn't allow the foot to rock back on the heel like it normally does in order to get forward spring, so their gait is this tippytoe dig in with no recoil and often includes twisting joints in odd ways to push off. I want to cry in pain every time I see it happening...)

*Disclaimer: I barefoot run (usually in vibrams since the rec center requires foot covering)- My feet had plenty of years of evolution to come up with the fantasic biological structure that they are and several decades of fad design in shoes is not going to suddenly jump over all that with a shoe version of a "little blue pill". If it ain't broke don't fix it! I'll skip putting bricks on my feet and let my feet with all their fantastic bones, tendons and muscles move like they should naturally. Because of the running (I did c25k and now run 3 miles every other day) my legs have some ni~ice muscle tone to them and I did it barefoot, no fad shapeup shoes. They aren't needed.

I am on my feet 8 hours a day. I work at a hospital so I am basically "running" around like crazy for 8 hours a day. One day down with shape ups and I didn't have to come home and ice my feet. So thats a plus.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

Ooops sorry I didn't have to ice my feet when I came home.

Well be careful, to me I didn't notice any extra toning, just injury. If I were on my feet as much as you in them I'd have a lot more damage than I already have.