favorite wierd food combinations?

Options
124»

Replies

• kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I'm gonna save this thread for when I am hungry at night and don't have any caloires left. This stuff is downright GROSS!

I have one that hasn't been on here yet. My HUBBY eats tuna and peanut butter. Lots of protein for when he works out, but I say YUCK YUCK YUCK!
  • ksandy1224
    ksandy1224 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and tomatoes (summertime favorite)

A touch of sea salt sprinkled on my peanut butter or chocolate/peanut butter chip cookies prior to baking

The best weird thing I ever ate was the Flying Bacon Pig candy bar. It's offered up at Vosges Chocolate Boutique in the North Bridge Mall on Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago. I was standing in line waiting to purchase a champagne truffle, which I also love, but tried a sample of the bacon candy bar and forgot all about the truffles and bought two candy bars. I intended to give one to my daughter, but since I got a "yuck" out of her I ate her's too. This candy bar is also the reason that I now sprinkle a little sea salt on many of my sweets that I bake, just for a little touch of that delicious sweet and salty flavor. I know... I should be on The Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" program, because it may be the best thing I ever ate, weird combination or not.

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/flying_chocolate_pig/
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow wedge with raspberry jam on a cracker

This sounded so good I had to turn it into a grilled sandwich and eat it for breakfast! Yum! Thanks for the idea!
  • tiffanizzle4shizzle
    Options
    Sounds weird, but it is DELISH and healthy too!

Whole wheat noodles w/ Cottage Cheese.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Bacon, Ketchup, or Old Bay Seasoning can go on ANYTHING, in my opinion. (Especially Bacon.. C'mon..)

I put ketchup on most foods.. Haven't tried it on any kind of desserts or sweet foods, but I'm sure there will be a Chopped that will change that eventually.
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, runny egg and syrup on a meat patty.
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Marmite & Mayo on toast, Marmite & Cheese on toast or sandwich also love Peanut Butter & Salad Cream on toast too, even better if you add grated cheese nom nom
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Bacon, Ketchup, or Old Bay Seasoning can go on ANYTHING, in my opinion. (Especially Bacon.. C'mon..)

I put ketchup on most foods.. Haven't tried it on any kind of desserts or sweet foods, but I'm sure there will be a Chopped that will change that eventually.
    . Yes, bacon on a maple bar, heaven.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Creme Dr. Peppers from Sonic (assuming they're made correctly, which is apparently harder than it sounds)
    Trisciuts and Green Pepper Jelly (that was a pregnant thing)
    Grilled cheese made with cinnamon butter
    Green Tea ice cream
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    The only thing I like that some people is weird is fishfinger and cheese sandwiches :) They're best on really thick, bad-for-you white bread, with those horrible plasticky cheese slices. Sounds disgusting but they are amazing!
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta with parmasan cheese and italian dressing.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and tomatoes (summertime favorite)

A touch of sea salt sprinkled on my peanut butter or chocolate/peanut butter chip cookies prior to baking

The best weird thing I ever ate was the Flying Bacon Pig candy bar. It's offered up at Vosges Chocolate Boutique in the North Bridge Mall on Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago. I was standing in line waiting to purchase a champagne truffle, which I also love, but tried a sample of the bacon candy bar and forgot all about the truffles and bought two candy bars. I intended to give one to my daughter, but since I got a "yuck" out of her I ate her's too. This candy bar is also the reason that I now sprinkle a little sea salt on many of my sweets that I bake, just for a little touch of that delicious sweet and salty flavor. I know... I should be on The Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" program, because it may be the best thing I ever ate, weird combination or not.

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/flying_chocolate_pig/

Thanks for the heads up.. I'll need to stop in there next time I head down to Chicago from the burbs :)