Zumba

Options
Does anyone know how much calories Zumba burns (a hour's worth)

Replies

• ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    Go to www.Zumbacalories.com. That's how I track
    Have you tried it yet
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I bought a heart rate monitor (for the wrist - so it is supposedly less accurate than a chest one).

It was around $40 at Academy.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Go to www.Zumbacalories.com. That's how I track
    Have you tried it yet

ditto! I just heard about this website the other day! I was logging zumba as aerobic exercise and zumbacalories.com actually calculated me burning more cals than MFP. woohoo! ;)
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yea its really good, lot of energy and water is needed. Even if you go on your own the class I go to everyone are and its just fun but losing weight at the same time. Someone told us you burn 550 calories in a hour but I want to just make sure. Thanks for the website I check it out
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You burn anywhere from 500 to 1000 cals in an hour...dependent upon how intense YOU are with the workout....
    I have burned as much as 930 cals in that hour....that was using a HRM....
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    its around 600 cals..hope this helps:smile:
  • Blonde1969
    Options
    No wish i knew i did 30 mins the other day, and googled it and just put in the calories they said
  • jessmoore84
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor, and I usually burn 900 - 1200 calories doing 45 minutes of the intermediate session (this includes the calories I burn after I am finished working out).
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of your replies:love:
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba for Playstation and burn about 160 calories in 20 minutes.