When it's that time of month.. (WOMEN ONLY)

Options

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have no time in my training schedule for my period, so I just turned it off.
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I find I spend more time at the gym than I do at home during her TOM. I wonder if there is any correlation to her behavior and my time spent at home?

Oh shoot. I have a penis. I can't post in here. My bad!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

my poor husband seems to be at the gym a lot more too...

I actually feel better after. takes my mind off the pain for an hour or however long I choose to go that day. I used to get really sick during that wonderful TOM but that seems to have subsided to once every 3-4 months... that I can handle
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    jagermeister

shots, or straight to the vag?

straight to the vag you get buzzed faster
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    *hint, hint*
    with topics like this, the "search function" is your bff.

I don't mind when people bring topics up again without necessarily just searching. It gives newer people a chance to converse about it. It feels more like another conversation rather than just reading about past peeps' thoughts.
  • shockrina
    Options
    Every month I take 2 - 3 days off. Well.. last month I tried working out on the 2nd day, and that did not go well, I won't do it again. It seems like peeps who don't have hardcore puking periods don't really believe that it's that much of a problem.. so I tend not to tell people but I do as little as possible.

My mom never believed her co-worker's daughter would stay home during that time because of it until it happened to me. I would always end up heading home once a month. So glad I'm not the only one out there.

As for those of you telling me to suck it up and all that apparently you have never had cramps so bad that just moving made you sick. Luckily, it's not as bad as it use to be but some months are worst than others. Guess it may be a good thing I am working out at night when I feel a little better.

Guess I'll just see how I feel tonight.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Suck it up, cupcake.

This isn't the best topic, you can get mixed reviews. mostly rude like this one above ^^^^^^^^^ :)

however; for someone like me who is a bit more human, I've always had highly irregular periods, and just because it's something we "should" be used to, it's not. as a result of my weight-loss and healthier lifestyle my periods are a lot more regular, and my symptoms are next to nothing except minor pain in the beginning.

but if my flow is heavy or in your case you are just really sick, I say just don't exercise. not exercising isn't a big deal. take that time off for a few days, drink plenty water, and watch what you eat. being on your period doesn't have to be a horrible thing for your eating habits to get all off track.

some people are amazonian warriors or relatives of them, and they'll be rude about sucking it up, just rest, lol
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I have no time in my training schedule for my period, so I just turned it off.

awesome! I also have turned mine off for three months at a time...fabulous!
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    jagermeister

:heart:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I usually can push through and actually feel better if I work out but I have to say, this month was a doozy. I knew it was going to happen because I had a light period last month and my body was going to be doing some catching up. But I felt pretty good and figured I might as well at least try going for a 3 mile run (my 2nd attempt at this distance) but I got about 2.5 miles when all of a sudden I felt like I was going to die... I felt weak and hot and nauseated and had to stop and walk the rest of the way. My running partner said she could tell by looking at me that something was wrong. You know it's bad when it shows on your face!

So, my advice would be to go ahead and try your normal workout but if you start feeling off, tone it down a little or even stop altogether depending on what you're doing and how bad you might feel.

I would NOT recommend taking Advil or the like before working out though because it can mess with your pain tolerance, which means you may do more than you should becuase those signals are dulled. Take something afterwards if you feel the need...

Good luck!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    As for those of you telling me to suck it up and all that apparently you have never had cramps so bad that just moving made you sick.

That is not normal and you should seek medical attention.
  • shockrina
    Options
    Hey there, i know that feeling, i suffer with them quiet abit.

Here's afew tips i found that might help you out when doing your exercise:

If you are just beginning an exercise program, and you suffer from cramps and other period-related issues, then start out slowly. Make sure you're listening to your body and not overdoing it.
    Increase exercise around your period, which will improve oxygen circulation throughout the body.
    Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein.
    Avoid lots of salt (but use spices, especially spicy ones, liberally).
    Avoid refined sugars and fried foods.
    Avoid caffeine—it can make cramps worse.
    Get plenty of sleep.
    Use heat to relieve cramps so you can get to the gym and stick to your workouts.
    By exercising consistently, you may be able to achieve a lighter and shorter menstrual flow, and a lower incidence of mood swings.

Maybe something in there will help you, best of luck with it all:wink:

Thanks! :)
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Suck it up, cupcake.

This isn't the best topic, you can get mixed reviews. mostly rude like this one above ^^^^^^^^^ :)

It's not rude. We're how old? How long as we been bleeding every month? And we STILL need to cry about it? REALLY? It'll be over in a week. Suck it up.

If it's honestly that freakin bad, go to a doctor. Get on birth control to help lighten your period.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Just Do It.. Rest later.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Suck it up, cupcake.

That's a bit snippy, looks like someones on THEIR period!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Suck it up, cupcake.

however; for someone like me who is a bit more human, I've always had highly irregular periods, and just because it's something we "should" be used to, it's not. as a result of my weight-loss and healthier lifestyle my periods are a lot more regular, and my symptoms are next to nothing except minor pain in the beginning.

but if my flow is heavy or in your case you are just really sick, I say just don't exercise. not exercising isn't a big deal. take that time off for a few days, drink plenty water, and watch what you eat. being on your period doesn't have to be a horrible thing for your eating habits to get all off track.

some people are amazonian warriors or relatives of them, and they'll be rude about sucking it up, just rest, lol

I didn't find it rude.. maybe blunt? But I like blunt. I hate beating around the bush, but not always.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    As for those of you telling me to suck it up and all that apparently you have never had cramps so bad that just moving made you sick.

You took the words right outta my mouth!
  • shockrina
    Options

My mom's a nurse and thankfully that only happened when I was in middle & high school. As for birth control ..I've been on pills before and I still had bad cramps.
  • shockrina
    Options
    *hint, hint*
    with topics like this, the "search function" is your bff.

I did do a search.. main thing I saw was how much you gain during ..nothing about cramps. *shrug*
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

My mom's a nurse and thankfully that only happened when I was in middle & high school. As for birth control ..I've been on pills before and I still had bad cramps.

Ok - great - if it's not happening now then you should work out any way.
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I used to have really bad periods like that, where I'd have to come home from school and wouldn't want to move out of the fetal position for days. My doctor told me to exercise during that time if I can - said that the movement would help to eleviate a lot of the pain. It helped a little and then she put me on the pill and it's been no problem since then. My advice is to try to exercise and see if it helps - I wouldn't do anything high intensity though.