Driver's License Weight..

Options
I noticed something awesome today! I got my driver's license when I was 16. I'm 23 now. Each time I've gotten a new one, I "forgot" to tell them my weight had gone up (you think they'd be able to notice just by looking at me, haha)! I pulled it out of my wallet today and realized that I am only TWO and a half pounds heavier than I was then! I've lost over 50 lbs since my son was born in January... and I was nowhere near my DL weight when I got pregnant anway!!

I've never even thought about it until now.. I could actually weigh the same as I did when I was 16 years old.. how crazy is that!?

Anyone else have a similar story?

:drinker:

Replies

• dez_yaoichan
    Options
    thats so great! congrats!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say how glad I am PA doesnt put your weight on your license, haha.
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    i hope to be my DL weight soon..hahaha...somewhere aroudn january i think is when ill hit that!! so exciting..hahahah congrats btw!!!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the great victory!

TN doesn't show the weights on our licenses anymore... we just collectively got too embarassed! :laugh:
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    thats great! when i renewed mine at 21, i was 6 lbs lighter than i was at 16. now i got about 20 lbs to go before 16, and 30 before 21. thats great to know!
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I probably "underestimated" when I was 16 so, when I reach that weight, I will have REALLY come far! Congrats!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    You have your weight on your driving license? Strange place!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    OMG! I've been doing the same thing for YEARS and didn't even think about it until reading your post. I immediately dug out my wallet to check. My DL weight is 167, but this morning I was 158! It will be sweet to have my DL reflect the correct weight when I renew next year!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Oh, and congrats :)
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've been lying on my military id card since I was 14, and I'm at a lower weight than when I was 14.

I'M AT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL WEIGHT! (several inches taller with bigger boobs too)
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Now that I think about it.... I've never been my DL weight. It is my goal weight though.
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    I haven't changed my weight on my DL for ages. They never really check that. Good thing they don't make us step on a scale when we renew our license.

Yes I have had that wonderful feeling of getting down to and BELOW my weight on the DL. It is an amazing feeling.

Keep it up and you will be below that weight before you know it.

Congrats to you!!!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I went to get my license about a year ago, and needed a new picture (before losing the weight). The gal looked at me and said, "A'hem, don't you think you need to change something here?" I was shocked that she would say something so calmly, and, how did she know I've gained that much weight. Ha! Obviously she knew I was wondering WHAT she was talking about..... She quickly responded, Ummm, your hair is grey! :laugh: :laugh:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    congrats..!. I just looked at mine the other day..and I am 12.9 pounds lighter..and even when I took the pic..I was not telling the truth...the print says 160..but the pic really says 175...

Hoping when I renew next year..that I will be able to tell the truth..and state my REAL weight..of 135..(I should be there by then..LOL)
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I lied about my weight when I got my drivers license.. because I didn't know what it was... It's off by almost 100 pounds lol. When I went in to renew and they ask if I need anything changed I just shake my head and say no.. and they never give me any hassle about it. It will be nice when my weight finally DOES reflect what my drivers license shows LOL
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My driver's license is finally too high at 110. :)
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    what a fantastic feeling that must be!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I too just shook my head every time they asked if I needed to change anything and I was nearly 30lbs heavier when I started MFP. I am now 20 less than what it says and for my final weight goal/reward I am paying to get a new License even though this one is good until 2013. LOL
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! It made me go check what weight is on my DL. Yeah I'm far from it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!