FINALLY DONE

Options
songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Well, I traded in my mental health and well-being for a 4.0 GPA this semester!!!!

This weekend sucked. I worked 3-10 Friday, before which I fit in a good workout and a tiny bit of studying. Saturday I had all day to study, but I couldn't fit my entire Anatomy and Physiology class into one day of studying--Oh, and did I mention that our final was all diagrams, cumulative, and worth 25% of our grade? Sunday I worked 8-12:30 and continued studying until about 11PM when my brain stopped functioning. Monday morning I rolled into my exam, which was SIX questions and it took THREE HOURS. My hand cramped several times. :grumble: After the exam ended at 1, I worked out and went to work from 4-10:30, then this morning went back to work at 8:30 until about 3:30, then left for another exam which I didn't get to study for. Fortunately, I apparently didn't have to take it, but I drove 30 minutes to get there and THEN my prof told me...UGH. Then he asked me to answer the questions anyway because he was 'curious to see my answers." :tongue: And just now I wrote an exercise prescription for 4 straight hours because it's due tomorrow.

HOWEVER, I know that I'm getting a 4.0 because I got a 97 on my Bio final!!! I have worked so hard this semester I actually cried when I saw my grade. Tomorrow I get to turn in the prescription and I'm done for the next month. Of course, now I have to spend all my time at work, but at least my brain gets a rest. :drinker:

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Well, I traded in my mental health and well-being for a 4.0 GPA this semester!!!!

This weekend sucked. I worked 3-10 Friday, before which I fit in a good workout and a tiny bit of studying. Saturday I had all day to study, but I couldn't fit my entire Anatomy and Physiology class into one day of studying--Oh, and did I mention that our final was all diagrams, cumulative, and worth 25% of our grade? Sunday I worked 8-12:30 and continued studying until about 11PM when my brain stopped functioning. Monday morning I rolled into my exam, which was SIX questions and it took THREE HOURS. My hand cramped several times. :grumble: After the exam ended at 1, I worked out and went to work from 4-10:30, then this morning went back to work at 8:30 until about 3:30, then left for another exam which I didn't get to study for. Fortunately, I apparently didn't have to take it, but I drove 30 minutes to get there and THEN my prof told me...UGH. Then he asked me to answer the questions anyway because he was 'curious to see my answers." :tongue: And just now I wrote an exercise prescription for 4 straight hours because it's due tomorrow.

HOWEVER, I know that I'm getting a 4.0 because I got a 97 on my Bio final!!! I have worked so hard this semester I actually cried when I saw my grade. Tomorrow I get to turn in the prescription and I'm done for the next month. Of course, now I have to spend all my time at work, but at least my brain gets a rest. :drinker:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    way to go! what are you taking?
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    way to go! what are you taking?

My major is Exercise, Sport, and Health Education.

This semester I was taking Anatomy and Physiology (a 6 credit lab class, ridiculous), Exercise Leadership, and Exercise Prescription and Assessment.

I was so nervous about my AnP class because I bombed my lab practical with a 73, so I needed at least an 87 on the exam to keep my A. I didn't think it was possible but apparently it was. :noway:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!
    GREAT job.
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • EJWoolcock
    Options
    Well done :smile: I also work - average about 50 hours a week, and study at uni. It's the hardest thing I have ever done. I am doing a commerce degree and find study takes up at least 20 hours a week most of the time!! Doesn't leave much time for exercise. Keep up the good work!!!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! My husband is in his final year for Civil Engineering and this last semester was brutal on the whole family. He's a full-time father, student, and works and still managed to keep his GPA at 3.8something, which I find amazing. So we're spending this winter break getting him into exercising, hoping to make it stick for his final push next semester.

But I am impressed with your schedule and your success. I'm going to use you as an example. Way to go!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Well done :flowerforyou: I'm soooo proud of you!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! My husband is in his final year for Civil Engineering and this last semester was brutal on the whole family. He's a full-time father, student, and works and still managed to keep his GPA at 3.8something, which I find amazing. So we're spending this winter break getting him into exercising, hoping to make it stick for his final push next semester.

But I am impressed with your schedule and your success. I'm going to use you as an example. Way to go!!!

Sounds like my hubby! He graduates on Sat. with his bachelor's in business (don't tell my husband, but I think civil engineering is a harder degree to get...only b/c that's what my associates is in. :bigsmile: ). Congrats to you AND your husband!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Good job, SBS! AnP is brutal & to pull off an A in there is surely something to be VERY proud of! Awesome work! :flowerforyou:
  • singcoz528
    Options
    wow awesome job! Yea...I would be getting a 4.0 this semester if it weren't for stupid math:explode: .

Math is my mortal enemy.....Straight A's...and a big fat C....ugh. Well...hopefully a C:grumble: ...I have my final exam in about an hour. As long as I get above a 30% on the final I should get a C lol...I think I can manage that.

Good news tho, I don't have to take another math class till grad school! YAY for NO math!!!:drinker:

great job on this semester!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Songbird I must say you really impress me! I so want to make you a cup of chicken noodle soup and treat you to a spa day-massage, mani and pedi! You really need a 'girls' day!

It is refreshing to see a young person so on fire for the subject they are studying. I think you are going to make a GREAT whatEVER you choose to be!! I know with obesity the highest it has ever been in our country, you will have a lifetime of work!

GREAT JOB!!! 4.0 WOW!!
    I think your allowed to have bananas, right?0002013F.gif
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Songbird I must say you really impress me! I so want to make you a cup of chicken noodle soup and treat you to a spa day-massage, mani and pedi! You really need a 'girls' day!

It is refreshing to see a young person so on fire for the subject they are studying. I think you are going to make a GREAT whatEVER you choose to be!! I know with obesity the highest it has ever been in our country, you will have a lifetime of work!

GREAT JOB!!! 4.0 WOW!!
    I think your allowed to have bananas, right?0002013F.gif

LOL yes, bananas are the only fruit I can have raw right now!

I really would like a girl's day. I haven't even showered in 2 days. :sick: So I asked for a trip to the massage therapist for Christmas. I get my first day off Dec. 25th so it definitely will be a present in itself lol! I'm so burnt out on retail now it's not even funny, and I work 27 hours this week even with finals and taking 3 days off for the colonoscopy. :grumble:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    wow awesome job! Yea...I would be getting a 4.0 this semester if it weren't for stupid math:explode: .

Math is my mortal enemy.....Straight A's...and a big fat C....ugh. Well...hopefully a C:grumble: ...I have my final exam in about an hour. As long as I get above a 30% on the final I should get a C lol...I think I can manage that.

Good news tho, I don't have to take another math class till grad school! YAY for NO math!!!:drinker:

great job on this semester!

Ugh, I am SO bad at math. I think algebra is as tough as I can get. :ohwell: I have to take Chem next semester which makes me nervous because there's more math involved. I have only taken 2 math classes thus far so I am a liiiittle rusty. Good luck on your final! :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Good job, SBS! AnP is brutal & to pull off an A in there is surely something to be VERY proud of! Awesome work! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! I definitely shed a few tears of joy when I saw I got an A b/c I worked really hard for it.:happy:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Thank you! That is impressive. My dad will be finishing up his Master's when I graduate with my Bachelor's next semester. It is really hard to balance work and school...I don't have a family but my BF does like to be acknowledged from time to time. :laugh: We hit some rough spots from never seeing each other and me being really tired. I've found that working out even for a little while--I only had time for 30 min a couple times a week--is a big stress reliever and it was important to get some non-thinking time. Sometimes the non-thinking time snuck in at work which is bad because I'm a manager. :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Well done :smile: I also work - average about 50 hours a week, and study at uni. It's the hardest thing I have ever done. I am doing a commerce degree and find study takes up at least 20 hours a week most of the time!! Doesn't leave much time for exercise. Keep up the good work!!!

That is tough!
    One way I 'study' is to exercise without music, or with it very low or without words, and just think about my class. I will go over cascades in my head, like what if I were to drop a weight on my foot or break my leg while running, or just what my body is doing in general. I'm not looking at my notes but I'm actively making new connections and still exercising. :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!
    GREAT job.
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:

Thank you!
    You are looking marvelous as always! :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I'm so proud of you Hon! You've worked so VERY hard for all of this and given up so much....you deserve much praise for your commitment!!! I too as jeannie mentioned am very impressed at your attitude and being so very involved with your studies at a younger age...so many students slough off and waste away those years when they could be pushing hard and getting further along.

Again...so proud SbW!!!:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Congradulations

My hubby and I graduated with our BS's at the same time, after working and going to school full time. I was pretty excited to graduate Cum Laude. Then last year my DH got his Masters. That was ten times worse than when we were both in school. He was teaching full time (advanced math) and was in a program to get his Masters in 3 years. the program was set up for teachers and they did on line classes during the school year and then had to live at college for 4 weeks in the summer. We hardly got to see him. But through the program the entire thing was paid for, pulse room and board while he lived there (three hours from us) and $1000 a week stipen while he lived there. I'm glad that he did it, but it was so hard on our kids, we spend a lot of family time together, and they missed him so much.

Last year they had him go down to the college and help teach of a couple of weeks. Now all the Profs down there are trying to talk him in to his Doctorates. I don't know if our marriage could handle that.:huh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

I'm so proud of you Hon! You've worked so VERY hard for all of this and given up so much....you deserve much praise for your commitment!!! I too as jeannie mentioned am very impressed at your attitude and being so very involved with your studies at a younger age...so many students slough off and waste away those years when they could be pushing hard and getting further along.

Again...so proud SbW!!!:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:

Thank you!
    I really love school and I am pretty obsessed with my grades... I want to give myself an advantage in applying for grad school! I am sooooooooo unsatisfied with working retail that it negatively affects me overall, so I am really driven to get the heck out and do something worthwhile with my life! :smokin:
This discussion has been closed.