College classes--what kind of exercise?

Options
I am taking a large animal nursing class, which includes anything from horses and cattle to chickens, from restraint to mucking to feeding. I have no experience with these animals outside my classes, so working with these animals makes me sweat A LOT most days.

This should count as exercise right? but as what? my heart beats fairly fast, and I am always sweating and ravenous when class is done. Its once a week, from 8:45-11:20am or so.

opinions needed and appreciated!

Replies

• CelticDestiny
    CelticDestiny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    As a CVT (in Arizona) working with animals is totally a workout. I didn't work with large animals but wrestling a large dog for just a nail trim certainly should have counted for something. When I was working (now I'm a stay at home mom) I was always curious how my calorie expenditure looked, but that was before I tried to get healthy so I never followed through to find out.

In this case maybe you could get (or borrow if you know someone who has one) a heart rate/calorie monitor and then add your own exercise to your database.

Good luck with the Vet Tech career, it is soooo rewarding but can be so heart breaking too.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    yea I can already tell it's gonna be heartbreaking....I'm such a tender heart! and i'm wondering about buying a hrm, just gotta wait for that loan money from school lol