Oh man. Random but frustrating topic. Though insignificant

Options
Banks01
Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
got my haircut today.

So, as a man, these things ought to take 15 min maximum! Unles you're doing something with it or maybe it's long, I don't know.

Avg haircut for me over the years has been 10 or so, the quicker the better, today was different.

First day on the job, hands shaking, obvious effort to make conversation. Nice girl, but damn, after 45 minutes, I was ready to stand and bail.

I'll fnd out in a few days if it was as bad a cut as it felt.

Vent over.

Replies

• DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!! I hope it turned out ok! You should post a pic! ;)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    LOL - so you would not like my 3 1/2 hour visits to the hairdresser ;-)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Yup. Today is a great example of this for me.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm bald, lol.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Tough on anyone first day on a job especially when dealing with the general public and a set of rules and procedures just drummed into your head on how to perform.

As frustrating as it was I also hope that you didn`t ruin her day or create a job problem for her,life is too short for that over a haircut. :smile:
  • Banks01
    Options

Oh hell no
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Oh dude...that is totally not insignificant.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I really am in love with the title of this topic but have yet to read what you wrote about.. =/
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    oh god........I don't wanna tell you how long my hairdresser takes :laugh:
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    hope it doesn't look like she took a weedwacker to the back of your head.
    i love my 3 hour hair appointments....hot italian guy i've been going to for 5 years. and no, he's not gay.
  • Banks01
    Options
    Tough on anyone first day on a job especially when dealing with the general public and a set of rules and procedures just drummed into your head on how to perform.

As frustrating as it was I also hope that you didn`t ruin her day or create a job problem for her,life is too short for that over a haircut. :smile:

Not even a little. I knew it was going to be an issue when her hands were shaking a little on the back.

What made it worse for her was her new boss was hovering and making "mmhmm" comments.

I also tipped her more than normal, which for the women reading, isn't as mch as you guys do
  • Banks01
    Options
    I really am in love with the title of this topic but have yet to read what you wrote about.. =/

Blah blah wait wait blah blah take another shower to get rid of the itchy. The end
  • Banks01
    Options
    Oh no!!! I hope it turned out ok! You should post a pic! ;)

Done. It's my profile pic now
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Not even a little. I knew it was going to be an issue when her hands were shaking a little on the back.

What made it worse for her was her new boss was hovering and making "mmhmm" comments.

I also tipped her more than normal, which for the women reading, isn't as mch as you guys do

I would have been tempted to take the boss aside and have a few words of constructive criticism with them as far as how they were behaving.
  • Banks01
    Options

I would have been tempted to take the boss aside and have a few words of constructive criticism with them as far as how they were behaving.

Thought about it, but figured less first day drama the better. And I was late for HH
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Well it looks like she did a good job!
  • MyNewLeaf
    Options
    So glad I'm bald, lol.

Brent, you appear to be headless, too! Do you by chance ride a horse?
  • Banks01
    Options

I was weirded out because she went to the back over and over, and most over my hair is all on top and front

Anyway. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Oh but NSV! I was really hungry and passed Wendy's. A spicy chicken combo mmmmmmm. Passed!
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options

I was weirded out because she went to the back over and over, and most over my hair is all on top and front

Anyway. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Oh but NSV! I was really hungry and passed Wendy's. A spicy chicken combo mmmmmmm. Passed!

Well darn, now that sounds good... I'm sure she just wanted to be sure she was doing a really good job for you.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Oh yes, I remember those days. Sometimes new stylists just don't cut enough off and take longer because they need to go back and cut more.