Has anyone gone down a shoe size?

Options
KeriA
KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
I have an interview and I needed some shoes for my outfit. I tried on some shoes in my size and they fit but the back was sort of slipping, I tried on another pair same thing. I got the first one that felt best. I went to another store and found some really comfortable and pretty cheap shoes. I tried on my size again same thing. I thought are these shoes all a bit too long? I tried a half size down - the size I wore before having my kids. They were slightly tight but didn't slip and when I walked around in them they really felt good. Has this happened to anyone? I am not even at the weight I was before my kids.

Replies

• ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Yup that happens.... your feet get skinny too LOL NSV!!!
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    Yep. None of my shoes fit any longer. I have lost a half a size.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I wore an 8 1/2 or a 9 wide. I just bought a pair of sandals last week that are a little big but they are a 7. They were on sale, there was no 6 1/2 and I really needed a pair of sandals for a thing we went to. I love it!
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I haven't shopped for new shoes yet but I have noticed that most of my sandals and one pair of tennis shoes are feeling bigger now. But you can lose weight in your feet too. I worked in a shoe store all through college and I had one customer who bought about 10 new pair of shoes one day. She had lost so much weight that she had gone down 2 shoe sizes.
  • missbuterfly
    Options
    Yes Ive dropped 105 lbs in 16 months and from a size 20 to a size 2-4 and in shoes I dropped 2 and 1/2 sizes!
    I tell people and they think Im nuts! but its true!
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I feel like i'm a kid playing dress up in her mommy's shoes half the time! LOL
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I went down half a size and all of my flip flops are loose!
  • lorjill
    lorjill Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yup, all my shoes are slipping off my feet!!
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    hmmm, I'm wondering if my feet are fat...I've gone up 2 shoe sizes as I put on weight. I always tought it had to do with having kids.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Thanks, my daughter always shares my shoes but hers were always just a bit too small for me. It just may be payback time soon!
  • MCYoung
    MCYoung Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: LOL ~ well THAT explains alot!!!
    I have been walking around with my toes curled up to keep my shoes on for the last month!
    Guess I better add that on to my "must have" list huh???!!!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I've also heard that as you age your feel shrink. :)
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I really pray this happens to me. I have alway wore a 10.5 to 11. But the last few years I've need 11.5 to a 12! Thats entirely too big for womens shoes!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yes

I went down 2.5 sizes so far

Think by time I finish it will be down 3 sizes

Noone believes it at the start, b ut a few people have done it

Its a bit annoying buying a new shoe collection though, especially when you have dead pretty ones
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    I'm looking FWD to me shoe size going down a size. Thanks for sharing. I didn't know it was possible until now.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100, and my feet are still huge. Lucky to those of you who are fortunate to have gone down.
  • AMarlene
    AMarlene Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, that happened to me, when I hit 30 pounds lost. Thank goodness cause it's really hard to find cute shoes in an 11...not that 10 is much better but it does help. Great job!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I don't know if I've went down a size, but I was just noticing last night that my running shoes I can't seem to get them tight enough. We'll see on my next pair if I have to go down a half a size. That would be sweet!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ive always wondered this and my husband thinks im crazy ! i used to be a 6.5-7 before kids and weight gain. im now 7.5-8. i wouldnt mind going down to a 7 again :)
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yep, count me in. I was a 8 1/2 and now I can wear all the way down to a 7 in some shoes..oh and I also lose like 2 ring sizes too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!