weight in 5 wks.

Ok so I've noticed every time I complete my daily entry it says i'm gonna weigh such and such in 5 wks. Every time the weight is at least 5 lbs from where I am now or significantly lower than that. It's been like 1.5 months since I've started and my weight hasn't budged. I haven't gained any more muscle, I exercise 6 times a week and so why isn't my weight going down? Or is this projected weight for 5 weeks always wrong. It doesn't make any sence (se?) to me that I am staying the same when it says I should be going down.

Replies

• Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    From the beginning, my said I'd way like 15lbs less in 5 weeks, but after 5 weeks of doing it, I'm not at that mark. It's not very accurate.
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    I'm going to say this... what I believe it to be is that the determination for this projected weight in 5 weeks coincides with you have a day like the day it posted that projection. I don't believe we all put exactly down to the last calorie what we actually intake and I also dont believe that are burn is 100% accurate. These projections are just estimates, so if you look at it that way...that is pretty much what it is. It is still very helpful to keep you on track. Keep up the good work and make a few changes here and there with diet and exercise and you will begin to see a change on that scale ;-)
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    It means that if everyday was like the day you finished logging, then in 5 weeks you would be such and such.. It doesn't take into consideration the days before, just that one day. I'm not positive as to how accurate it truely is, but I think it is more to motivate, and keep you striving for a lower number with each finished log. Idk, that's just my two sense..
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Amy, it can be several things and since you don't have much to lose, it's tough! More than ever you need to make sure you are eating at least 1200 net calories. I know sometimes with exercise, it's hard to eat that much but it's really important especially at this stage of the game. I also have 5 lbs to lose and was stuck for a month with no loss and I workout like crazy and since you are already my friend you know this lol. Make sure you log everything that you eat.....even if it's just one cookie or one cracker. I recently upped my calories again (this was the second time) and the weight started coming off again. I've lost 2 weeks in a row now.....just .5 each time but with only 5 lbs left to go, I don't expect big losses anymore.

Give it some time, change up your exercises, do something different and keep your body guessing what's next:) In the beginning, I did a lot of crazy dancing and jogging in place and then I bought exercise equipment and stopped doing the things I was doing when I first started. I have changed up my exercise recently, more strength training and I've started back up with my crazy dancing and running in place. Also increasing the intensity of your workouts help. Give it your all, push yourself more. At a smaller weight, we burn less calories than when we are overweight. Don't think you have to decrease your calories....when you are working out your body needs extra calories for fuel. Make it fun. You shouldn't dread to workout. Find something you enjoy doing that doesn't feel like exercise if that helps.Most importantly for me is drinking lots of water!! I know you can do this Amy. I'm here to cheer you on girl:)!!!
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    It's more of an estimate showing that if you ate and exercised exactly that way you'd be at that weight in 5 weeks. It doesn't account for muscle gained either so it's just a rough estimate. Basically I think its more to keep you on the right track.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Keep in mind that it says "If every day were like today..." Do you eat the exact same amount of calories, fat grams, protein, carbs, etc. every day? No. Do you burn the same amount of calories every day and work out the same muscle groups every day? No. That being said, record what it says in the box below the prediction and in a few months go back and see how close that number was to your actual weight. Although it hasn't been right on the money, the months that I really paid attention to my diet and exercise plan, that prediction was fairly close to my actual weight. But obviously, the months I sort of fell off the wagon the predictions were way off. It's also sort of encouraging to see that if I really stick to my plan, I could weigh XXX in 5 weeks.
  • had3nuf
    had3nuf Posts: 59
    It's not accurate at all...and I tell u one thing...I'm about ready to give it a good talkin to....in Grand Madea style.