Genetics vs determination?

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    so I have a beer belly, and it was well earned. I love beer and wine.

Anyway

All the men in my family have one as well, but I noticed something curious years ago.

My three uncles, all baptist ministers, who don't drink at all, also have the pot bellies.

Am I destined to always have this One Pack?
    Destined no, but if you don't do anything about it genetics do dictate you shape. Blame your family tree.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options

The women in MY family have NO butt... when we gain weight it's all belly, thighs, and hips... and boobs I guess, we have big boobs. NO BUTTS. I've been trying exercises... but to no avail. Pancake-butt. Oh Well. I would appreciate a bubble-butt :laugh:
    Heavy squats and leg presses. I've put "butts" on females that didn't have them. One just finished a Figure competition in San Jose a few months ago. She was a "runner" only, but I got her into lifting weights. Now she looks absolutely fab.
  • cmsiemsen
    cmsiemsen Posts: 78 Member
    Options

The women in MY family have NO butt... when we gain weight it's all belly, thighs, and hips... and boobs I guess, we have big boobs. NO BUTTS. I've been trying exercises... but to no avail. Pancake-butt. Oh Well. I would appreciate a bubble-butt :laugh:
    Heavy squats and leg presses. I've put "butts" on females that didn't have them. One just finished a Figure competition in San Jose a few months ago. She was a "runner" only, but I got her into lifting weights. Now she looks absolutely fab.

I've been doing lots of squats!! Maybe there is a difference that I haven't noticed yet? I'll kick up the weight soon, I suppose. I don't want to look beefy!