Too Much Protein - should I be concerned?

Options
Almost everyday I am under my calories but go over my protein. I am losing weight, should I be concerned. Going forward I will make a point to reduce/skip cheese as breakfast or snack that should help. Family meals are generally high in protein because my hubby is on low carb diet/lifestyle.

On a positive note I feel great, look forward to excercise daily and my body feels like it's lost more than 13lbs the scale shows.

Replies

• brianmcg321
    Options
    No. The protein allowances in the MFP are ridiculously low. If you are working out you need all the protein you can get to help you recover.

I used the custom setting to reflect more of a zone diet, a 40/30/30 plan.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes Protein is great :) The only bad side of protein would be if there were lots of added fats or high carbs or sugars. But if you are ok there, then Protein is GREAT!!!

Protein has really helped me to recover after my jogs! It's helped tremendously!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    I also do the 40/30/30 set up in MFP.
  • lstd
    lstd Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm a higher protein diet with lower sugars (keep it under 12-14 grams) I have been having a GREAT success with this!

keep up losing!!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I go over in protein and fiber almost daily....It has never stopped my weight loss.
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Where do I change to the the 40/30/30, I looked thru tools and settings and didn't see a place.

Thanks for the feedback
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    To change your goals:

Go to My Home->Goals-> Change Goals
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm always way over in protein as well but my fat is always way under so I'm not concerned.
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch :happy:
  • pp67
    pp67 Posts: 26
    Options
    Protein should be minimum 65gm daily!