So I bought a couple avocados....

Options
2»

Replies

• UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ohhh, on chicken tortilla soup....get a quart (i think - the boxes at trader joe's or the big cans) of good chicken broth, throw in some black or kidney beans, a container of fresh salsa, some corn (leftover veggies, whatever), some leftover chicken (or shrimp or whatever) and cook it up for a few minutes so the salsa gets hot and all flavory (inventing words!). Serve up a bowl and drop in some chopped cilantro and diced avocado, sprinkle a few chips on top if you must (i don't bother) and YUM!
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Ive come to love green eggs: two egg whites, an egg, and about a 1/4th an avocado. Simple but yummy, and it keeps me full :-)
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half. Remove pit. Sprinkle with kosher or sea salt. Scrape out green flesh with spoon. Bring spoon to mouth. Chew. Swallow. Delicious!

My favorite way =)

OUCH... doesn't chewing the spoon hurt your teeth? just messing. I'm becoming more and more tempted to try an avocado and they are on sale for 1$ at walmart this week...
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    ohhh, on chicken tortilla soup....get a quart (i think - the boxes at trader joe's or the big cans) of good chicken broth, throw in some black or kidney beans, a container of fresh salsa, some corn (leftover veggies, whatever), some leftover chicken (or shrimp or whatever) and cook it up for a few minutes so the salsa gets hot and all flavory (inventing words!). Serve up a bowl and drop in some chopped cilantro and diced avocado, sprinkle a few chips on top if you must (i don't bother) and YUM!

so um... yeah... now I must get me some avocado... that sounds sooo heavenly!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    MIx together 1 can reduced sodium black beans with 1 can of corn. Generously douse with chipotle Tabasco. Warm up this mixture, about 1 cup of it, and smother your avocado with it. Eat with a spoon. Mmmmmmm
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    got this from south beach, mix in blender with cottage cheese, cilantro, onion, garlic for a tasty dip

That dip sounds tasty.
  • acoleman3
    Options
    My family's favorite and easy guacamole is smashed avocado, diced tomato, diced onion, and cayenne pepper! Super fast and super easy!