protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• tgbjr1973
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com is a great place to research brands, prices, and read reviews on the various flavors. Again, I've tried a bunch and for me Optimum Nutrition is the best quality for the money. There may be some that are slightly better, and there are definitely some that are more expensive, but ON is great quality without completely breaking the bank.
  • maximum35
    Options
    I use bsn brand taste great, one in the morning and another one after a workout on my workoutdays on my non workout day I would have first thing the morning to start the day.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    One vote for Myofusion. Milk chocolate is my favorite. I use it for meal replacement for breakfast. I'm never hungry in the morning but I want to get some nutrition in me so I do 2 servings of Myofusion with 12 ounces of water. Comes out to roughly 300 calories and a whopping 50g of protein. Plus it has ~25% of your RDA for a lot of vitamins and minerals per serving.

I'll also do single servings randomly for snacks. They are VERY filling and stacked with protein but quite low on carbs, fat, sodium etc.. Perfect.

Three things to watch out for:

1) Some have tons of sugar. Avoid.
    2) Some taste really bad. Try to get small samples and see what you like. I think Myofusion tastes the best personally. I hear Optimum is good too.
    3) They are a PITA to mix. Use a blender of some kind (I use the "magic bullet" which is a small personal blender, very handy)
    4) They ain't cheap. A 2lb tub of Myofusion can be an easy $25 which is 25 servings. $1 per serving. I go through a 2lb tub in maybe 10 days. You can save a lot by doing subscribe-and-save on Amazon and buying 5lb tubs, but you need to know what flavors you like first so you're not stuck with ~$40-45 tubs of powder that you hate.

WOW!!! I had no clue they were that expensive!!! and the sample you get them from the stores? I am glad you brought this up because I was wondering what you do if you dont like the flavour and the containers are so big!!!!

I'm honestly not sure, I just sucked it up and bought 2lbs of a couple flavors to start. I can drink anything so I wasn't too worried. My wife is a lot pickier though so it is worth thinking about at least. I know I've seen sample packets of various protein powders around but I can't remember now.

Having said that, I haven't had a "bad" Myofusion flavor. Some are better than others but they're all pretty tasty.