Fear...

Options
The longer I am on this journey of change, the more I am realizing how much fear we create in ourselves. For example...I used to avoid certain situations for reasons I thought were rational...now I realize I was just hiding behind my body, my fat, my excuses. I can't believe all I've missed because of fear!
But no more!! The only person I have to impress is me and the only person really holding me back is ME!
I'm not saying tomorrow I'm gonna go skydiving, but I have joined Taekwondo...Talk about facing fear...performing moves in front of an audience flying solo is something I have avoided for years, but guess what-I did it and I'm doing it!! I even performed in a public Taekwondo demonstration last Saturday.

Some people reading this may have no idea what I'm talking about...sorry you don't get it.

Those of you who do get it...you know the feeling...and I just want to reassure you that you can face your fear, maybe even eliminate it and YOU CAN DO THIS!

Replies

• JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    thanks.. I hope to "be there" soon!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your awesomeness!

GG
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! I totally agree. I used to tell people I was afraid of roller coasters, when in reality I just hated going on them because many times I have been embarrassed by being told I couldn't ride because I couldn't fit in the seats :|
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    This is awesome!

I love how Jillian says that the pain you feel (while working out) is fear leaving the body.

I get it and find I am more confident and sure of myself with each pound that I lose and each muscle the pops out and shows its pretty little self.

I can't wait to get home and face those fears I had for so long.

Thanks for this post! You are fantastic!
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    So glad my friends understand, thanks for being with me as I discover more and more about myself! :)
    And methetree...hearing Jillian say that VERY thing earlier when I did 30DS partially inspired this post!