trying to make maccaroons

Options
jackeh
jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
the recipe calls for 600 grams of coconut... but i have a kilogram bag... how many grams in a kilo...?
back to grade 5 math for me :blushing:

Replies

• jackeh
    Options
    the recipe calls for 600 grams of coconut... but i have a kilogram bag... how many grams in a kilo...?
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options

one thousand grams. So I'm guessing a little over half the bag
  • jackeh
    Options
    thanks your awesome!!!!
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    welcome:heart: I'm making some later this week too.
  • jackeh
    Options
    :grumble: ok so they didnt work out they all got stuck to the pan and fell apart when i tried to get them off... this isnt a good way to start my christmas baking
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    what recipee did you use?

I have one where you just mix sweetened condensed milk and coconut with some vannilla, put it on acookie sheet and BAM pop them in the oven and done

will hunt recipee down for you if you're interested?
  • jackeh
    Options
    thats the recipe i used.... they tasted really good in the smushed balls that they became when i scraped them off the cookie sheet LOL so i went out tonight and bought some parchment paper... gonna try to bake them on that and hopefully it works out... cross my fingers (had to buy all new ingredients too lol... )
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    thats the recipe i used.... they tasted really good in the smushed balls that they became when i scraped them off the cookie sheet LOL so i went out tonight and bought some parchment paper... gonna try to bake them on that and hopefully it works out... cross my fingers (had to buy all new ingredients too lol... )

bty- I saw this post earlier and just had to pick up some coconut to make these....gee thanks...LOL

Parchment is the only way to go---expensive, but worth not having a headache with stuck food and clean up of your bakeware
  • jackeh
    Options
    yay parchment paper.... oh how i love you

I now have like 50 perfect maccaroons yay me!!! one baking item down...now for nanimo bars...:laugh: