For Ladies Only--Men stay away! Lol

prettyprpro
prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
edited October 1 in Motivation and Support
Hello Ladies and Men who just had to look, (LOL)

My "Aunt Flo" came in town today. What kinds of exercises do you do when your Aunt Flo is visiting? Skipping days isn't an option for me right now. Any ideas to keep Aunt Flo from (literally) cramping my exercise style?

Replies

• I just do my normal workout. I may do some extra yoga to help.
    Exersize actually helps with cramps for some people I know, and for me personally.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    bump!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    just do what you normally do, you won't feel like it but it will make you feel better afterwards.

GG
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    I never really modifiy my exercise at all when I have my period. If I have bad cramps, I'll take a couple ibuprofen and that takes care of them.

Exercise usually helps me feel better, actually. At least it keeps me from feeling like a gross disgusting blob. :)
  • I stick to all the same, as above it definitely helps with cramps as it gets the blood circulating

though i never ever use pads, i can imagine if you did it would be a different story (yay for tampons!)
    :)
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    I'm a runner. I keep running. I keep walking. I keep weight lifting. Like stated pop a couple ibuprofen and push through the pain.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    I don't change anything either. The last three races I've run have been during TOM and it's fine. I just make sure I use the restroom when needed and drink LOTS of water. I eat as much as I feel the need and give in to a small piece of chocolate when I so desire (it helps). Sometimes I don't push as hard, but I still do as much as I feel I can and is on my plan for the day.
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    I do yoga during that time.
  • I agree...pop some Tylenol or advil or whatever and just do it. Exercise will help with cramping :)
  • ShaoonaRae
    ShaoonaRae Posts: 60 Member
    I have endometriosis, which basically mean debilitating cramps, hah.

If I can manage it, I do some stretching and light yoga. But sometimes I can't, course those are also the days I'm too sick to eat, so there you go, hah.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    The only one I know is that you shouldn't do yoga inversions during that time.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    It definintely helps me to move during TOM, since I always feel so stiff and achy all over! If I have cramps, I just make sure and take naproxen, and usually the cramps are better after. And my joints don't ache after either!
  • Lissa40x
    Lissa40x Posts: 5 Member
    If younare miserable during that time have you thought about a contraceptive that stops or creates a less frequent cycle??
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    I don't change any of my exercises & I usually feel better after doing it. My normal exercises are running (C25K), biking, and pilates/yoga.
  • Hello Ladies and Men who just had to look, (LOL)

My "Aunt Flo" came in town today. What kinds of exercises do you do when your Aunt Flo is visiting? Skipping days isn't an option for me right now. Any ideas to keep Aunt Flo from (literally) cramping my exercise style?

Uncle Stick-up should take care of everything.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 277 Member
    oh man on the rag I bleeeed like im dying. I cant go running or I will leak on myself. I know super gross. I stay in my house just to stay on the safe side and strength train. lots of pull ups and push ups things that dont involve a lot of jumping around.

for me tampons would last maybe 30 minis and that would be pushing it.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    I do mostly stationary bike...somehow it helps with the cramps but tonight I just did some low impact aerobics too...if you can get started you'll feel a lot better when you're done with the workout...hope that helps - rock it out!!
  • babemali
    babemali Posts: 12
    i hate going to the gym when im on my period i get nauseousand dizzy, but i still do what i have to do. drink lots of water!
  • Afrikangirl
    Afrikangirl Posts: 54 Member
    If you are a heavy bleeder...back up your panties with snug fitting bike shorts and get to the exercise. I agree with everyone else, you feel better afterwards....to be on the safe side, I wear black exercise pants.
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    oh man on the rag I bleeeed like im dying. I cant go running or I will leak on myself. I know super gross. I stay in my house just to stay on the safe side and strength train. lots of pull ups and push ups things that dont involve a lot of jumping around.

for me tampons would last maybe 30 minis and that would be pushing it.

Have you tried Playtex "Ultra" Absorbancy? they're kinda new I think, most absorbancy avail. and last a looong time. That what I used the other week when I had Spin and it was just started. So comfy
This discussion has been closed.