Let's talk about guns.

Options

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I have a Browning BAR in 30.06, an old Winchester 1400 in 12G, A Marlin Model 60 and a custom built Ruger 10-22 for my .22s. My only handgun is a S&W Model 586 in .357 with a 6inch barrel. Love them all for what they are, but would love to add to them. Shooting is a joy.

Nice little collection there. Though we own a great deal of guns, most are rifles and shotguns, and I haven't had the chance to shoot most of them. I did shoot my boyfriend's AR 15 though, and I love the thing, only thing I didn't like was that, well, it wasn't made for a lefty shooter! lol
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I have several:
    M&P 9mm compact, Glock 19 9mm, Magnum Research Baby Eagle .40 cal, Springfield XD40 & XD45, a semi-auto and pump 12 gauge shotguns, an AR15, and a semi-auto .22 rifle.

Although I am licensed to "carry" (which we no longer require in AZ), I don't carry where I live. I live in the country, but when I roam into the big city I might load up my M&P9c just in case.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I'm also right handed, and left-eye dominant... but I don't think I can shoot left handed.

Eek, I can NOT shoot righty, especially not rifles! I can't line up the sights to save my life! lol I HAVE to shoot lefty if I want to hit anything lol
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a dm9 paintball gun if that counts? You would probably love PB.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I have a dm9 paintball gun if that counts? You would probably love PB.

Haha, sure it counts! lol I used to own a few myself, I loved paintball. Got a little too expensive though.
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options
    given our current government trend toward doing away with the 2nd amendment, I would not tell the internet what guns I own! The Men in Black may come knocking.......:flowerforyou:

Hmmmm.. As I was saying in earlier post, I have several guns for Home Protection.... Also, since 1968, all guns bought and sold are registered.
  • Dylanzmom
    Dylanzmom Posts: 120
    Options
    I love my S&W 9MM!!! Cant wait until I get my CHL!! also need to start practicing with the shot gun!!! woohoo!!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Most of mine...

Guns.jpg
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Most of mine...

Guns.jpg

Nice. Are you a hunter?
  • Carl01
    Options
    Most of mine...

Guns.jpg

Nice. Are you a hunter?

Yes,deer and small game.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Most of mine...

Guns.jpg

Nice. Are you a hunter?

Yes,deer and small game.

Please oh please tell me you eat them.
  • Carl01
    Options
    Most of mine...

Guns.jpg

Nice. Are you a hunter?

Yes,deer and small game.

Other then woodchucks (groundhogs) which are just garden and field pests I always do.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm quite happy that Australia isn't like America when it comes to guns... far too many people get shot by idiots carrying guns! It's that simple. So, nah, not a gun fan here. I'll leave the guns with the cops, and stay thankful that i don't need a gun to protect myself.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I'm quite happy that Australia isn't like America when it comes to guns... far too many people get shot by idiots carrying guns! It's that simple. So, nah, not a gun fan here. I'll leave the guns with the cops, and stay thankful that i don't need a gun to protect myself.

I would just like to point out that most of the people that do the shooting do it either A. in self defense or B. don't legally own that gun anyway. And you never need a gun to protect yourself, until that one time that you do. Just because there is "no" gun violence, doesn't mean there is no violence in general.
  • AZTrailRunner
    Options

I would just like to point out that most of the people that do the shooting do it either A. in self defense or B. don't legally own that gun anyway. And you never need a gun to protect yourself, until that one time that you do. Just because there is "no" gun violence, doesn't mean there is no violence in general.

Since so many people here in MFP live in countries that dont allow them the simple freedom to own a firearm, and therefore cannot relate, I would suggest everyone who disagrees with the topic of this thread just move along. This isn't a conversation about your country being safer because they are outlawed, it's simply a show and tell. :smile:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Since so many people here in MFP live in countries that dont allow them the simple freedom to own a firearm, and therefore cannot relate, I would suggest everyone who disagrees with the topic of this thread just move along. This isn't a conversation about your country being safer because they are outlawed, it's simply a show and tell. :smile:

Well said, good sir.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Most of mine...

Guns.jpg

Nice. Are you a hunter?

Yes,deer and small game.

Other then woodchucks (groundhogs) which are just garden and field pests I always do.

Phew, good! I hate sport hunting :(
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't own a gun... my friend does - he's a range master at a local gun club here... He has taken me a few time and I LOVE IT!
    It is so much fun!!!

We went last week and I shot
    a 22 cal 8 shot S&W
    9MM 15 round 4 inch barrel S&W
    38 special 2 inch barrel S & W
    357 1 7/8 inch barrel S&W - I shot with 38 rounds in and liked the balance.
    Mosin Nigant model 9130 sniper rifle 7.62 X 54 R rounds (same as a 30 cal machine gun round)

I can totally see how punks think they are invicible having these guns on them! But for pure entertainment at the range - BRING EM ON!!!!

L.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Too many to list here, and let's just say I'm glad I live in a free state where machine guns and silencers are legal as well. :)
  • AZTrailRunner
    Options
    Too many to list here, and let's just say I'm glad I live in a free state where machine guns and silencers are legal as well. :)

Right on! :smile: