New to MFP....excited to get this started!!

Options
Hi!! I am new to MFP...started on Monday!! I am excited to start my new "weight loss journey"!!! Looking or should I say needing to lose around 50lbs. Wanting to be thinner & healthier!! I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 9 months ago & I'm hoping that losing some weight will help ease some of the pain I experience. Plus too, at 5'1 & 181lbs - I am way overweight. Hoping I do well on here!! :-)

Replies

• carkycarky
    Options
    Welcome. Sorry to hear about the fibromyalgia. I hear some of the meds for that can pack a lot of weight on a person. It happened to one of my friends. But i am sure this site can help :)
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Kristi!
    Fibromyalgia is very challenging to cope with, so I'm hoping your journey will bring you to a point of far less pain.
    I'm definitely here to be a part of your support team!!
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We've got your back all the way!
  • mom2enlp
    mom2enlp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Kristi!

My cousin has had fibromyalgia for about ten years now, and taking some weight off did help her get through the day easier. This site is FANTASTIC! The friends I have made here are very supportive and encouraging. They somehow manage to lift me up every single day.

Feel free to friend request me, and I'll do my best to support your journey! Best of luck to you!

Shannon
  • cshelgol1
    cshelgol1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, and You have all the support that you will need to suceed, if you get stuck just YELL and I guarantee someone will answer with encouraging and uplifting words, Here's to Good Eating! :drinker:
  • Shae3891
    Shae3891 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great first step, good for you. If you're looking for friends you can request me :) Having a great group of supportives friends on here has been a huge help.
  • Rachael68
    Options
    Welcome aboard Kristi!!!!
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome kristi!! Good luck on your weight loss journey! You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.