Hi! 5'4'' 160... never weighed this much :(

Options
Former college athlete letting it slip away. I want/need to get healthy for my future lifestyle and career in the health care field. I want to set a good example for my family and those patients I interact with. All support is welcome, I've never counted calories, and I think it will help - but I know the hard part will be sticking with it!

Replies

• Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!!! You've definately come to the rite spot and i'm right there with you!! Feel free to add me!! I'll help motivate ya!!!
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I was where you are at, not so long ago!.... I am 5'5 and my highest weight was 170 (1,2,3,4,5 AM scream!!!!).. now I'm in my 130's and aiming to be 120 (GOAL). Lemme know if you need any help!! :) I'm in health care too, and being in the hospitals need so much energy to simply walk around get places, haha with that extra junk in my trunk things were getting pretty difficulty! But now things are great!! And if I can do it, so can you! All the best!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Those are my height and weight stats, too! Totally understand how you feel. You can do this!
  • Christiiiine
    Options
    I am in the same exact boat. 5'4, almost at 170, former athlete -- its such a horrible feeling and I really have trouble staying motivated. Especially when I don't get the results I expect after working so hard for them. I like to think this site will help with that though :)
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

I'm 5' 4.5" and my heaviest weight was 164. I'm now in my 130's (goal is somewhere in the 120's with bf % = 20).

You have the advantage of having been an athlete in college (and you certainly have youth on your side as well!). I was athletic most of my life except for a couple of sedentary years trying to heal some injuries, when I put on the weight. Have faith....your body will respond! Keep the long-term view and don't worry about daily (or even weekly) fluctuations... look at monthly progress.

Try to be as accurate as you can with logging exercise and food... it takes a week or two to get used to it, but then you get into a rythm. Keep logging no matter what, even if you go over your calories.

Feel free to friend me.

Best of luck!