pre-ttc weight loss

Options
Anyone else on here trying to lose before ttc? My husband & I both really want a baby, but are commited to wait until i get my weight under control. would love to connect with others in the same boat.

Replies

• kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I lost the weight because I didn't want to be 190 pounds and THEN get pregnant on top of that. I didn't know how much weight I would gain and didn't want to chance it and I also wanted to be healthy for baby. Personally, at 5'6" that was WAY too much weight to carry around w/o being pregnant. I lost 30 pounds before we started TTC #1. I did it with going to WW meetings.

Best of luck!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Silly ? what is ttc?
  • msmitch
    msmitch Posts: 21
    Options
    Trying to concieve
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Trying to concieve

Thank you for that clarification!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Trying to concieve

Thank you for that clarification!
  • delisa83
    delisa83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am going to get down to my goal weight before i'll get pregnant again. I was overweight with the last pregnancy then had to go on bed rest and the weight just piled on!

Want to be able to enjoy being pregnant next time round for sure :-D
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    We are Ttc now, I didn't want to try again until I was happy that I wouldn't have lots if weight to loose after the birth. With my two boys I put on the right amount of weight but it left me well over weight! I figure if I got my eating under control ( on the whole anyway) and my weight down a bit I'd be ok!
    We go on holiday in 11 days that's when the fun begins! I'll be ovulating while away so all good! :)
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am definitely losing weight before ttc. Right now my bf isnt ready (so thats a good thing) but i really am! So i figured id lose this other person i keep lugging around (150 lbs) before i have another person :) That will give him time to be ready. Also i will have time to get my finances in better order (the reason he isnt ready atm also)
  • clydeisme
    Options
    I'm trying to get my weight down also. My first baby I was already overweight so I want to make sure I'm at a reasonable weight before trying for baby number 2. Good luck, I know having the motivation of loosing the weight so we can have another baby is really driving me to stay positive and on track.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    there is a group of women on here trying to lose weight and conceive. you are welcome to join us:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305495-fit-for-future-families-august-2011
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    This was also the reason I got serious about my WLJ. In total, I have lost 40 lbs from my heaviest and I have a long way to go. Shockingly to me, my OB did give me the green light if we wanted to get pregnant as my numbers are excellent in every way possible. We are still waiting because I do have a slipped disc in my back and adding pregnancy to that on top of the strain of being overweight just isn't a good idea.

Good luck!