going on a cruise!?

Options
I'm leaving on a 8 day cruise Friday and I am wanting to ensure I stick to my eating and working schedule as much as I can. Our ship has a full gym as well as a "boot camp" workout group that I am going to sign up for. I plan on tracking my calorie intake on my app like I always do. Any advice from anyone with experience on this is welcomed!

Thanks!

Replies

• kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a tough one because (in my experience) cruises are so much abou the eating, but if I imagine how I would handle this situation (where I'm at now), I'd probably come up with some "themes" for the vacation. Statements of intent about your vacation. For example, recently I took my son on a trip for him to compete in a national championship triathlon. Lots of driving, eating out at hotel, etc. I came up with the following theme for the weekend for myself "I'm here to watch my son race (not to eat)." That helped me a lot stay focused on what was important rather than what I was shoving in my mouth.

So you could try some phrases like "I'm here to relax, get a break from my routine, enjoy the warm weather, etc. (not to eat)."

I'm certain that they'll have tons of great fresh fruit and veggies and that if you explain your dietary needs to your waiter, they will accomidate you.

Have a fabulous time!!!!!
  • Eloveg
    Eloveg Posts: 25
    Options
    First...Relax and have Fun!!
    Secondly.....you have soo many options with the food. They have fresh fruit, veggies, grilled fish, chicken, steak & seafood. Lots of Salad options.

You can do it!!!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    water, fruits, veggies, seafood... keep the prime rib and desserts and liquor to a minimum... walk, jog, swim, but most importantly... HAVE FUN!! :bigsmile:
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am leaving on my first cruise on Friday too! Have fun on your trip!