Need advice/help please

Options
Hi

I was wondering if I can get some advice off people on here...

I have been successfully losing 1 - 2lbs a week for the last few months and am almost at my target weight BUT I have not been losing the inches. Particularly round my waist and thighs. I have lost nearly 2 stone but am still in the same size of clothing!!

Can anyone tell me why this has been happening? My main exercises are exercise bike, sit ups and planks...

Thanks
Shona

Replies

• AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Do you watch your sodium? You might be just bloted. watch your sodium and go low carb for a couple of days and see if that makes a difference. Also, weights. Squats, launges, push ups, or any equipment at the gym if you are signed up.
    Good luck
  • Corby86
    Corby86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi

I was wondering if I can get some advice off people on here...

I have been successfully losing 1 - 2lbs a week for the last few months and am almost at my target weight BUT I have not been losing the inches. Particularly round my waist and thighs. I have lost nearly 2 stone but am still in the same size of clothing!!

Can anyone tell me why this has been happening? My main exercises are exercise bike, sit ups and planks...

Thanks
    Shona

WOW well done Shona!

I agree with halina20 that you should watch your sodium. . .and yes you may just be bloated, try eating some whole-foods (foods that have not been de-natured through lots of processing) and you should see some change.
    Exercises such as yoga, qi gong and tai chi are really great for getting things moving and these exercises aren't too strenuous so you should be able to include them in your established routine.

This might be a bit too personal for you to answer on the public forum (your welcome to message me privately), but how often do you have a bowel movement. . .this should happen at least daily.

I'd recommend:
    a glass of warm water with lemon juice first thing in the mornings (on an empty stomach)
    some peppermint tea everyday

8595936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

HEALTH INSIDE & OUT! - - - HIO!
  • akgary
    akgary Posts: 52
    Options
    i agree try low carb for a for a few days and see if that makes a difference. have you done toning exercises as well? maybe adding a workout vidoe like p90x could help with the inches or jillian michaels 30 day shred? i heard lots of people get inches off from those. good luck:)
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body just needs some time for the skin to tighten and hold things where they need to be. Maybe you've developed muscles in places you didn't have before?
  • mistyholly2003
    mistyholly2003 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice... I already take hot water with half a lemon first thing in the morning. Hardly drink any fizzy juice, just water or green tea. I really dont like the whole gym atmosphere so prefer to exercise at home but I will maybe look into local yoga classes (not really sure if thats me tho!). Maybe its just a case of giving it more time... I've had my bowels tested by the doc and according to them everythings fine...
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    most likely its because we all lose fat differently..perhaps you are losing it more in the upper body, arms, neck etc. it always takes more time to see results around the waist and thighs. just keep at it and you'll see results