Can I finally succeed for just one day?

Options
I can't even remember the last time I didn't go over on my calories. I always tend to sabotage myself by the end of the day. But this morning I read the thread about binge eating, sent it to my husband, we talked about it and the signs that indicate that I'm heading in that direction, and we decided to work together.

So, today so far I have done great. Spaced out my meals. My husband made me a little extra special salad to go with dinner so I could fill up on yummy things.

But tonight we go to a friend's house for a small celebration and are taking a Carvel ice cream cake. I have already calculated it into my calories. But in all honesty, around these friends of ours, I tend to "binge eat". Long history and I find myself getting nervous, self-conscious, tired, etc.

So I'm writing all this out (thanks for reading by the way), so that I can see in front of me what is ahead of me and hold myself accountable. I'm better than the cake. As I tell my six-year-old son to repeat when he starts throwing a tantrum "I AM IN CONTROL". I can do this.

Have a great evening everyone! :heart:

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time I didn't go over on my calories. I always tend to sabotage myself by the end of the day. But this morning I read the thread about binge eating, sent it to my husband, we talked about it and the signs that indicate that I'm heading in that direction, and we decided to work together.

So, today so far I have done great. Spaced out my meals. My husband made me a little extra special salad to go with dinner so I could fill up on yummy things.

But tonight we go to a friend's house for a small celebration and are taking a Carvel ice cream cake. I have already calculated it into my calories. But in all honesty, around these friends of ours, I tend to "binge eat". Long history and I find myself getting nervous, self-conscious, tired, etc.

So I'm writing all this out (thanks for reading by the way), so that I can see in front of me what is ahead of me and hold myself accountable. I'm better than the cake. As I tell my six-year-old son to repeat when he starts throwing a tantrum "I AM IN CONTROL". I can do this.

• réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    you can do it! you are in control and will do better this week :heart:

hugs xx
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i hope you have a successful week. i'm a binge eater and i understand how hard it can be. it's really not easy to stop, but you can totally do it :smile:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Just by posting here, proves your on the right track:drinker:
    Don't suppose anyone can remember the title of the binge eating story?
    I've looked but cannot find it :noway:
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    Don't suppose anyone can remember the title of the binge eating story?

Topic: Why Am I Eating This? By Geneen Roth
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    healthy_is_best, that is the second time I've seen your yummy shake picture and my mouth is drooling. Only has about 50 calories in the whole thing, right? :noway:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    healthy_is_best, that is the second time I've seen your yummy shake picture and my mouth is drooling. Only has about 50 calories in the whole thing, right? :noway:

haha no... it's def a tim horton's iced cap. though you can a healthier version and get milk instead of cream. It's so freaking good

I always use junk food for my icons. terrible, i know. i do this on livejournal.com too.
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    I always use junk food for my icons. terrible, i know. i do this on livejournal.com too.

I end up using my kids. This is my son telling me not to even think about eating that cupcake that is calling my name...even though he made me buy it for his class tomorrow.
  • kammiller
    Options
    I guess binge eating is a very hard thing to cure, I find myself saying you can do it and then thinking oh you can start tomorrow so eat that cake. Well it is almost the end of my second day and I have stayed in my calories. Yesterday and today I fins when I am not busy and relaxing I think I should eat. I am trying to drink a water. I know it only will take a good month and this will get easier but can I make it that long I am gonna stay positive with all of you gals helping me
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Try to evaluate what it is that makes you anxious while spending time with these friends. I had a similar situation and with friends who would brag about their kids and I felt I needed to keep up and would start bragging about mine, it would escalate and I would behave in a way I was uncomfortable with. I realized that on some rediculous level I felt inadequate about my kids. Nothing could be further from the truth. My kids are great. I just decided that I wouldn't get caught up in the whole thing. When they brag about their kids I just agree with them after all I've known their kids all their life and think they are terrific. Later they always will inquire about my kids and I tell them honestly what's going on. I'm more secure and other than I wonder if their bragging is their own way of handling their feelings of inadequacy, I don't really worry about it and certainly don't get anxious any longer.
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    Well, I think I did pretty good. I had all my calories figured out before I went. Once I got there, I decided to substitute a glass of beer for pretzel sticks because I felt like they would keep me busier longer. Alcohol tends to make me munch as it is. So, whew, my first day eating healthy completed. I had great support from my wonderful husband, and that help was invaluable.

Thank you all too for your great words of encouragement, advice, and letting me know I'm not alone.

Hope your day is successful!