Looking for the next fitness level.

adross3
adross3 Posts: 606 Member
Hello MFP people. I have been in and out of the gym since I was 10. I have always had size to me, but never abs. I am looking for like minded MFP friends to take me to the next level.

Current physical condition:

3rd set:
Bench 160 10X
Curl 65 10X
Run 30+ min 3.2k with avg burn of 300 cals
Abs 20X Ab ripper X every other day

Graduate of P90X 1 1/2 years ago.

Replies

• Do you do cardio? I just started five days ago. Between watching what I eat and doing cardio I am already seeing small changes in my stomach area
  • Oh I just saw the cardio. Try doing intervals or burst training it helps burn more calories
  • P90X2?
    INSANITY kicks your *kitten* no matter your fitness level.
  • ydeleon
    ydeleon Posts: 81
    They say abs are made in the kitchen. What's are your intake like?
  • adross3
    Do you do cardio? I just started five days ago. Between watching what I eat and doing cardio I am already seeing small changes in my stomach area
    Yes, I run 30+ min 5 days a week and burn an average of 300+ cals.
  • adross3
    They say abs are made in the kitchen. What's are your intake like?
    I eat level 1 phase 1 in P90X. I do mix it up. Protein/CCarbs/Fats always. I am not diabetic, but I am allergic to all sugars :( So, I can not do phase 2 or P3 P90X eating.

My abs are comming in. I can see them trying to poke thru.
  • adross3
    Getting "abs" is not really about abdominal exercises..but eliminating the layer of fat over them. Essentially everyone has a "six pack" but unless your body fat percentage is low..you don't see them under a layer of fat.

Do core exercises for strenght and fitness. If you want the esthetic look of the "six pack" focus on cardio and fat loss.
    There is no question about my abs comming in. I am just trying to find out info on what other people do to succeed in their quest for a greater physical being.