NSV New wardrobe

Options
so i have been reading peoples stories about their progress and weight loss
i was aware my clothes where loose, but it was not until i read someones story yesterday about needing a new wardrobe
i realized that the only clothes that fit any more are my socks and shoes.
i have dropped from a 37" waist to a 30-32"
my t-shirts don't look like they are mine. there is 16" free space
underwear is way loose.

my only regret is that i did not take any before pictures

i still have some fat to loose around my middle.
getting off of my *kitten* to loose weight has motivated me to change my life.
i work out 4 times a week minimum.
i recently started using some iphone apps for pressups, situps, squats, dips and pull ups
now when i started loosing weight i could not do more than 5 of each, and forget pull ups.
i am now up to 50 of each except pull ups which i am at 10.

basically myfitnesspal had made me fit and healthy

Replies

• surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    well done!!!! Sounds GREAT!!! :)
    And it's amazing to go shopping isn't it? Really opens your eyes to the 'new' you.
    BTW, know it sounds like a rookie Q, but what is an "NSV"??
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great job to get so fit. Buying new clothes can be quite the reward for all the hard work. Costly, but worth it.
    I've got my first load of too-large clothes to go down the "Goodwill" store. I told my wife that I was planning on storing them and she said "Why? You're never going back to being that size again." I like here attitude.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    And it's amazing to go shopping isn't it? Really opens your eyes to the 'new' you.

We all have ask. It's non-scale victory.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I think so many of us share that with you. that we wished we had taken before pictures... I myself am one of them, but in all reality, i did find a picture of myself when I was at my all time high last year, and to be honest, I wouldn't want to see me without a shirt off... I still have a way's to go and I have taken the "Half way" picture... and those will just have to do. Keep up the good work.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    Great Job! It was your decision to get fit and healthy...mfp was there to pat you on the back and say "You can do this!".
  • shadykins
    Options
    Thats amazing. Your right MFP can change anybodys life and should be just that a lifestyle change. You are great inspiration to everyone and we can all do it.
    Congratulations.

Always looking for more inspirational friends

shadykins
  • shadykins
    Options
    Thats amazing. Your right MFP can change anybodys life and should be just that a lifestyle change. You are great inspiration to everyone and we can all do it.
    Congratulations.

Always looking for more inspirational friends

shadykins
    Ya, what is an NSV?
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

I thought it meant Non-Specific Vaginitis and offered some medical suggestions. That did not get well received!

Back the the OP - that is a brilliant feeling. Well done, losing 5-6 inches from your waist is amazing.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options

I thought it meant Non-Specific Vaginitis and offered some medical suggestions. That did not get well received!

Back the the OP - that is a brilliant feeling. Well done, losing 5-6 inches from your waist is amazing.

Funny! I was thinking New Standard Version and expecting something to do with a translation of the Bible.

OP, you did the hard work. You used the tools but the phone apps and MFP didn't do the work. You did! Take all that credit you deserve it! Yay you!
  • cmduncan
    cmduncan Posts: 69
    Options
    Congrats! I know the feeling ;-)
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    We all have ask. It's non-scale victory.
    [/quote]

I would NEVER have known!! Thanks!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    New clothes are a great NSV. My husband got new clothes after going from 44 inch waist to a 30! His boxers were falling down in the leg of his pants! Now he dresses so well and looks terrific.
    I hope your clothes transformation is going well too and try a few things outside your comfort zone and surprise everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!