My last 10 and GAINING HELP

Options
Hi All,

I know the last 10lbs you are supposed to change the goals to .5lbs loss and therefore eat MORE, but now i am creeping UP.

How long does this last or should I decrease my calorie intake?

Thanks

Replies

• TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey i dont for sure know the right answer...But for me...i did not change my cals and eat more, i just made sure i ate all my daily cals and i changed my workout activity up. I was working out really hard and i started walking 60min every evening for 2 weeks and i lost 3lbs that week and 2 the next. Every other day i would not have any bread whats so ever in my foods...thats all i did and it came off finally. Good luck with it!
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i hope you get a response...i'm bumping this up...
    i have pretty much stopped losing since november! i lose a couple and gain one back...stay there for awhile and gain one back...lose one...etc. I was at 142 in november and am now holding onto 144 with all my might!!! i've tried eating more, working out more, eating less, taking a break...i just don't know what to do anymore, so i hope you get some answers!!!
    good luck to you...(hope i didn't just get you more discouraged, but you are NOT alone with this one!!)
    jen
  • showme989
    showme989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm within 5 lbs of my goal and keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds (for the past two months). Thinking I may need to change my goal to my current weight.
  • AlisonMacKay
    Options
    Not sure if this is the "correct" answer but I was going to keep my cal goals the same till I reached my goal weight then start moving it up. Like .5 for the next month then add 100 for the next and so on till I reached maintenance.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey i dont for sure know the right answer...But for me...i did not change my cals and eat more, i just made sure i ate all my daily cals and i changed my workout activity up. I was working out really hard and i started walking 60min every evening for 2 weeks and i lost 3lbs that week and 2 the next. Every other day i would not have any bread whats so ever in my foods...thats all i did and it came off finally. Good luck with it!

Great advice, thank you!! I am dealing with my last 5-10 pounds. I will try incorporating walking every night in with my morning work out videos and I am going to try eating clean throughout the week with some wiggle room onthe weekends (not wiggle room with calories, just on the clean factor of the foods i choose)
  • meglep
    meglep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    same! so frustrating
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I'm within 5 lbs of my goal and keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds (for the past two months). Thinking I may need to change my goal to my current weight.

I did the same thing...I just couldn't seem to break past a certain point and psychologically it was taking a toll. Plus, I was starting to feel too skinny in some places, so I changed my goal from 115 to 122 (the weight I was on my wedding day 26 years ago) and focused on strength training.

I am closing in on a year and I admit, I was hoping that the weight would sort of come off, just really slowly but it hasn't. It is a real struggle to even maintain this weight.

D
  • nmarcus
    nmarcus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    TLCameron

When you say "changed my workout activity up" did you do that in MFP because that does add cals. or did you mean you just added more exercise with the old amount of cals?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is the "correct" answer but I was going to keep my cal goals the same till I reached my goal weight then start moving it up. Like .5 for the next month then add 100 for the next and so on till I reached maintenance.

This!

I'm doing this too in a sense.. manually adjusting my goals to go from a pound a week loss to half a pound a week loss, and then eventually to maintenance.
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump!! I'm going through the same exact thing. I spend every week gaining and losing the same 1-2lbs. I only have 6 lbs to go before I reach my goal..and I swear it seems like it'll never happen! Hang in there!
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem. I hope you all reach your goal.
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I really thought that I was having this trouble because I am over 40, when I was younger I could skip a meal and lose 3 pounds now if I eat less than my alloted calories I gain weight. I am so glad to know I am not the only one with this struggle. The good news is even though I haven't seen the scale move much I can really see a difference in my body , my husband can too so as long as I am toning I can deal with not losing!! Good luck, don't get discouraged the last thing you want to do is go backward, keep looking ahead and eventually I believe it will pay off.