Can Someone Please Explain What the Big Deal Is......

Options
2»

Replies

• thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    honestly this might be the best place to meet somebody, if you're trying to concentrate on a healthy diet and lifestyle.

thought speaking from experience LDR's suck, and they can come from these places.

While I fully support the right for anyone to date anyone they'd like, wherever they happen to meet them, the next friend of mine who moves to a different state for a person they met online is getting slapped. Seriously. It's an epidemic. You can't find someone online who lives in the same state at least?

So rarely does it end well...

It just happens. Last thing I expected. lol
    Thankfully the job market is bad enough, that the job search is taking time. So it's not like by the time he finds something we will have only been together a few months and change our mind.
    Man, I wish he did live in the same state when we "met""
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    They may not like it because no one is flirting or trying to hook up with them! Jealous!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate ~ just sayin'
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. Church is not a dating site, but how many hookups are made there. Like minded people are bound to feel a bond and attractions are likely imminent. If you are offended by that, kick boulders with bare feet.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    honestly this might be the best place to meet somebody, if you're trying to concentrate on a healthy diet and lifestyle.

thought speaking from experience LDR's suck, and they can come from these places.

While I fully support the right for anyone to date anyone they'd like, wherever they happen to meet them, the next friend of mine who moves to a different state for a person they met online is getting slapped. Seriously. It's an epidemic. You can't find someone online who lives in the same state at least?

Thankfully the job market is bad enough, that the job search is taking time. So it's not like by the time he finds something we will have only been together a few months and change our mind.

Oh I certainly didn't mean you or anyone else shouldn't! I was referring to people I know personally. I just hate seeing them go.

I wish you and the fella you met all the best. He's a very lucky man.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    How come nobody will hook up with me then?

Well hi there! Maybe cause we aren't friends.
    :wink:
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    I never knew there was anger over people flirting. Where have I been??
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't use this site for flirting. I don't flirt. Nonetheless, I've met someone on here. Bottom line: we connected intellectually BECAUSE this isn't a dating site. Physical attraction exists, but there are many attractive people on this site, so that was not the 1st thing we noticed. We have similar views on fitness, though. And that's important to me. So I'm glad we established that.

Honestly, I could not possibly give less of a fck what other people are doing. As long as it's not hurting me... I have more important things to worry about. Like whether I'll make it home before Adventure Time starts, or whose *kitten* I have to kick to get a good parking space at work... or why my butt cheeks hurt so much after boot camp class.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Oh I certainly didn't mean you or anyone else shouldn't! I was referring to people I know personally. I just hate seeing them go.

I wish you and the fella you met all the best. He's a very lucky man.

I hate the fact he has to move. If it was up to me, I'd be the one... but we don't have that option.

It is very funny, these online things seem to be the wave of the future. But I honestly think it's a good way to start a relationship, as friends. To be honest without all the fronts you may have in the real world.

And thank you, I consider myself the very lucky one. :)
    Your girlfriend is lucky too.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I think it's a little weird if someone came to MFP soley looking for a partner...but if people meet and hit it off on here, I don't see a big deal. My best friend and I met on here. :happy:
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    What I keep seeing is a lot of people very interested in other folk's business. In a rude way as opposed to offering encouragement and support.

You don't have to reply or talk to anyone here you don't want to. If there's something you don't like on the forum, don't read it. And maybe give a look into your control issues.

Hit the nail on the head...no one forces you to read anything and you sure don't have to hate on everyone on here but I've seen some regulars that do nothing much but that. I guess there will always be bad apples that try to ruin a good thing for everyone else.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    We flirt all day ,every day and I love it !!!!!!!!! I love the friends that I have made on this site and we keep each other going by pushing one another, flirting whatever.. It feels good when someone can give another a compliment take it as just being nice and sincere or fliritng. either way its nice ! and Hey if I meet " THE ONE" along the way than I can consider it an added bonus !!!

I have spoken to a few of my friends and started to have those " more than friends" feeling and YES I would love to meet them someday !

So I dont see anything wrong with HOOKING UP on this site !! or any site as far as that goes .
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    We flirt all day ,every day and I love it !!!!!!!!! I love the friends that I have made on this site and we keep each other going by pushing one another, flirting whatever.. It feels good when someone can give another a compliment take it as just being nice and sincere or fliritng. either way its nice ! and Hey if I meet " THE ONE" along the way than I can consider it an added bonus !!!

I have spoken to a few of my friends and started to have those " more than friends" feeling and YES I would love to meet them someday !

So I dont see anything wrong with HOOKING UP on this site !! or any site as far as that goes .

flirtysmile1.gif
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Personally I couldn't care less if people hook up from this site or another. Its none of my business and If I come across a forum post I don't like or am uncomfortable with I simply stop reading it. End of discussion.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Yeah it can be whatever - its an online community. We just all share a common goal - weight loss! I met my boyfriend of 5 years on World of Warcraft - yep thats right...I was NOT looking. It just happened....and that's definitely not a "dating" site/place lol
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I personally find it morally corrupt to flirt and "hook up" on a fitness site!

Having said that, Road Dog you busy later :flowerforyou: :tongue:
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I personally find it morally corrupt to flirt and "hook up" on a fitness site!

Having said that, Road Dog you busy later :flowerforyou: :tongue:

LMAO!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. Church is not a dating site, but how many hookups are made there. Like minded people are bound to feel a bond and attractions are likely imminent. If you are offended by that, kick boulders with bare feet.

True story!
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think the issue is the difference between flirting and perving...

AMEN!!!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Ok. I am gonna be real sappy here. Love is an amazing gift. It doesn't matter where or how you find it.