Calories and time of day

I recently heard we should eat like a King/Queen at breakfast, a Prince/Princess at lunch, and a pauper at dinner. I think this thought is quite helpful, particularly when it comes to dessert. We have Four Queens which serves wonderful ice cream. My husband loves ice cream as much or more than I do. 8:30 PM, he would suggest going to Four Queens. Since my "behavioral change" I have limited the ice cream trips to a once a week treat and consider it part of my lunch. I find it works better for me, personally, if when I indulge in dessert that I eat it earlier in the day and limit what I eat after 4:30 PM,That doesn't mean it will work for everyone, but it may be something to consider. :smile:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    I eat the tolal opposite. I have had no trouble losing. I think it makes more sense to just stay within your calorie goal for the day no matter when you eat them.
  • MCYoung
    MCYoung Posts: 49 Member
    :flowerforyou: What a great idea!! I may give this a go for a while to see what happens ~
    Thanks for the post!!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    i agree you should eat a big breakfast, but other than that, it really doesn't matter how much you eat/at what time you eat it, as long as you don't go over your calories.
  • ant_man
    ant_man Posts: 29
    makes sense to eat the most in the morning or what not.. but it really comes down to the amount you put in is less than what u put out= as long as your negative n you haven't over eaten it shouldn't matter when u eat/ or what you eat... but if your going to eat ice cream at night that is fine as long as its still havn't gone over your calories/fat intake then it should be okay