Problem I never thought I'd have....

Options
So I eat what I feel is a decent breakfast.
Two slices of wheat toast with peanut butter.

Then I was in a rush heading out the door so I crab a healthy choice cafe steamer for lunch.
Tasty and very filling.

Have a good dinner with the family
4 oz of baked chicken, a cup of steamed peas and a cup of mashed potatoe with no butter.

At this point I feel full...happy and content.
Then I log my calories....
938! ugh. I am thinking "Crap! I have to friggin eat something else!"
My calorie goal is 1880 based on my height and weight but I am not even coming close. averaging 1400 a day which is working fine right now but 900 is gonna bump me into startvation mode. Never thought I'd say this, but I was really wishing I didnt have to eat anything else.

had a wheat wrap with some turkey and low fat cheese got me up to 1238 for the day and that does it, i'm just not hungry.

Guess I am just feeling frustrated about dogding the "Starvation mode" thing.
and now I am wondering if I should work out.....
<sigh> :angry: :sad: :angry: :sad: :angry:

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    So I eat what I feel is a decent breakfast.
    Two slices of wheat toast with peanut butter.

Then I was in a rush heading out the door so I crab a healthy choice cafe steamer for lunch.
    Tasty and very filling.

Have a good dinner with the family
    4 oz of baked chicken, a cup of steamed peas and a cup of mashed potatoe with no butter.

At this point I feel full...happy and content.
    Then I log my calories....
    938! ugh. I am thinking "Crap! I have to friggin eat something else!"
    My calorie goal is 1880 based on my height and weight but I am not even coming close. averaging 1400 a day which is working fine right now but 900 is gonna bump me into startvation mode. Never thought I'd say this, but I was really wishing I didnt have to eat anything else.

had a wheat wrap with some turkey and low fat cheese got me up to 1238 for the day and that does it, i'm just not hungry.

Guess I am just feeling frustrated about dogding the "Starvation mode" thing.
    and now I am wondering if I should work out.....
    <sigh> :angry: :sad: :angry: :sad: :angry:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I know you are supposed to eat your calories but I also don't believe in making yourself eat if you aren't hungry. I wish I had your will power and wasn't that hungry all the time. You are doing good. I hope it doesn't slow down your weight loss.
  • dragneff
    Options
    Are you counting what you drink during the day? Also, try grabbing a couple of fat free yogurts & some fruit for snacks between breakfast, lunch & dinner. Or fat free cheese sticks, carrot sticks, also check for different nuts that you can eat a handful as a snack. These things are "filling" but will add to your calorie intake & help boost your metabolism so your body doesn't feel like it's starving & starts hanging on to fat supplies. I'm definitely not an expert but it seems to help me. Hope this helps
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    well i don't believe in stuffing yourself when you're not hungry. after all, that's how a lot of us ended up in this state haha. i wouldn't worry. it's only one day and your body will not go into starvation mode after only one day
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I have days where I'm low on calories, today for example, because I was busy, didn't work out, skipped breakfast and my first snack, so I still had 850ish going into dinner. I made myself a taco salad with 4oz of ground turkey, salad mix, tomatoes, pepperjack cheese (cheese is a beautiful way to increase your calories). With a glass of milk, it still only came to about 4 or 500 calories, so I chopped up half an avocado and threw it on there. Yummmmy and added a bunch of calories.

Cheese, nuts, and avocados are a wonderful way to boost your calories healthily. I'm sure there are others out there, but those are my stand by big hitters.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    All great suggestions guys. As for what I am drinking. I really only drink water during the day. It was definately a busy day. that probably had alot to do with it. I appreciate the support guys. I am feeling alot better about it. I'll keep some healthy snacks in my laptop bag that should come in handy :bigsmile:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I honestly always have that problem. I am a "starving fat kid" because I just don't like to eat that often.--I just don't really get hungry. I've made myself do it, and I find that nuts, hummus and whole wheat crackers, avacados, peanut butter, bananas, fage greek yogurt with honey are things that have a good amount of calories, easy to grab and tasty too.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    One thing I've found that can really help alot is preplanning the day before what you plan on eating the next day. That way you'll know where you need to increase cals etc. A PB sandwich as a snack, a small bag of nuts (normally 1/4 for most is a serving, BL trail mix..I need to post that recipe...it's so simple and tasty as well..a great snack item).

I'm not saying I always get the preplanning done...:laugh: but it sure works better when I plan ahead and don't have to wonder how the heck I'll cram all those workout cals in at the end of the day when I see my total....cause I too don't feel comfy doing that.........eating when I'm not hungry......so yup preplanning, that's my plan...all I need to do is get it created into a habit and I'm set!:blushing: :wink: :drinker:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    You could add a glass of milk to your breakfast (or milk alternative, or juice), to help boost calories.

I also second pre-planning your meals! In my case, that helps prevent me from over-eating!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I always preplan my meals. It's so much better. Then I know that if I do get hungry I can exercise to have the extra calories. some days it's hard for me to eat the 1200 I get but I know that I have to eat them all. Almonds are great by the way. I have found a new love of the wasabi and soy sauce ones. If you like spicy do try these.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    If you are having probs meeting your calories and don't want to eat more, try switching to higher calorie choices for what you do eat. Throw a slice of cheese on your Healthy choice, stick a banana on you PB and toast. Grab a hand full of almonds here and there.