Self-sabotage?

Options
I'm curious. is self-sabotage an indication that I'm not ready, or not willing, to lose weight? :wink:

Curious indeed

Replies

• moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It's not that you're not ready, it's just that you're going to have to really think about why you're sabotaging yourself. At one point, there was a part of me that felt safer being fat. Not consciously, but somewhere in the mess of my mind was something that didn't want to change.
    You will need to do a little soul searching to work out what you need to work on, but there's never any point in giving up.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. It may also be an indication that you're scared of what the changes might mean in your life, with your relationships, etc. It's not always easy to dig into our own minds to figure out the whys but a good heart to heart with yourself may just be the key here.

Not sure what exactly you're doing to self sabotage but I have to also interject that if you're being too severe with your diet, that may be the root cause. I've found that planning a treat once or twice a week helps to keep me on track because I know it's coming and I can avoid temptations much better in the meantime. Plus I don't feel like I'm on a DIET and that silly rebellious little brat in my head doesn't rear her ugly head trying to convince me that I deserve it or that I want it so I'm going to have it and don't care what the consequences are...
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    its an indication that you need to build up your self discipline...you have gotta want it!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by self-sabatoge? This should be a lifestyle - where you can eat what you want in moderation (if you want to enjoy your life AND lose weight). Personally, I consider those who go hard core "dieting" (very low calories plus not eating exercise calories, shakes, fad diets, etc) to be sabatoging their attempt to lose weight. :wink:

That being said, you have to be ready - and only you know if you TRULY are or not. When you're ready... this really isn't all that hard. If you aren't ready or willing.. then it's damn near impossible.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I think you have to dig deep for your own answer lol!!!

for me I sabotage my eating, attaining my goals being as fantastic as I could be etc, like loads of us on here do, but I see it the opposite way to you, not that the sabotage means that i am not ready to slimdown..... rather that my tendency to sabotage myself got me fat in the first place.

good luck from an expert in self sabotage!
  • harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ah very well said everyone, thanks!!