Sort of a newbie

Options
Well, my name is Jaidi Clayton and I have been on MyFitnessPal for a little while, but I have only been using it for about a week and a half! I have struggled with my weight every since having my first baby. I have never been able to really loose the weight from pregnancy. A couple weeks ago, I decided that I have to do something. My weight puts me in the Obese area and I am not comfortable with that anymore. So I am making changes in my life. I am eating better and exercising more. It will be a long process, lots of learning, but hopefully, learning it now will help me stick to it in the future.

My goal is to loose 42 pounds by the new year. That falls at just over 2 pounds a week. I realize though that I can't focus just on the numbers. I am tracking my measurements as well and I am happy to see some progress there already. As of weigh in this morning I have lost .4 pounds and 1 inch off my waist. It is a step in the right direction and its encouraging. I look forward to the support I have seen already on the site and I look forward to having successes like I am seeing so many of you all having! :)

Replies

• epaphus98
    epaphus98 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jaidi! I'm so glad you decided to start using MFP again :happy:

I've been using MFP for almost 10 months and I can tell you it works, the key for me has been commitment. I know you can do this and I look forward to being here to witness your progress!
  • MrsJimbo
    MrsJimbo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ya!

I weigh the same as you and I've not even had a baby yet!

Please feel free to add me, I'm looking for buddies because I feel like it might help make me stick at it!