So I got engaged...

Options
mikerouse
mikerouse Posts: 33 Member
I have a memory. It's not a particularly old one, but it is powerful for me. I am on a holiday to a Greek island with my best friend and I am sat on a bench in the pretty little harbour at 3am and I am starting to sob as I talk to him. I'm intensely jealous. Not of something he's specifically done, but about his ability to attract pretty girls. You see, we are two young single men out to meet girls and have a good time. He's a slim 160lbs and I'm a not-so-slim 320lbs. I'm sobbing because I am so fed up of not being able to get a girlfriend because of my size and weight.

It took another 6 months for me to actually do something about my feelings and start a plan here in the UK called LighterLife. Another 6 months later and I had lost 120lbs.

Before I had even finished the programme I got on to eHarmony and managed to arrange to meet a girl about 20 miles away one evening. I drank coffee and water as that was all I could have on my programme and we chatted for hours. I was taken immediately by the beauty in her eyes, her smile and overall prettiness. As we talked I found an intelligent, caring and interesting person who I wanted to spend more time with.

Fast-forward 1 year and that same woman has now agreed to marry me. We got engaged at the weekend and are busy planning a wedding for 2013. I'm delighted that my life has taken such a turn and I have found the happiness I was sobbing for a couple of years ago.

Now you may notice that I said I lost 120lbs but my ticker below says less than 100lbs. That's because since leaving my programme I became complacent and started to put weight on again. I'm now using MFP to help me shift that 20+lbs again and then some more. Ultimately, I want to be 182lbs for the wedding (a total loss of 138lbs).

Ironically, despite me putting on some considerable pounds since meeting my fiancee we love each other more and more every day and she loves me for who I am not my weight.

Replies

• Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :) I love a good love story! And it is great she loves you for who you are! Losing weight just gave you the confidence, she probably wouldn't mind you at your starting weight! But you are much healthier now and you can live a long full life with her :)
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    congrats :) Glad you are now happy!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

You deserve all the happiness you have manifested for yourself.
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats on everything!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! CONGRAGULATIONS!!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That was a sweet love story. Best wishes on a happy forever!
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Happy for you and keep up the good work!!!
  • Jessicamarlynn
    Jessicamarlynn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story!

Keep up the good work!
  • aim2lose
    aim2lose Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! So happy you met such a wonderful lady!
    May you both live your lives with much happiness.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    awe. congratulations!!! wishing you both all the best.
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    i *happy dance* for you!! congrats, and enjoy your journey... it's going to be a very interesting one.
    best wishes in the future for you and your bride-to-be :drinker:
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    AWW THATS SO LOVELY! CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What a wonderful life story.....Good luck with your weight loss journey! You can do it...we are all here to cheer you on!
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    What a great story. Congratulations!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    congratulations on both the engagement and the weight loss. i am so happy for you.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's a wonderful story, thank you for sharing. Best wishes to you and your future misses!
  • Mybird79
    Mybird79 Posts: 13
    Options
    Congratulations, what a great ending to your story!
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    Beautiful story!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:happy:
  • linsben
    linsben Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    WOW well done! you look fantastic and what a great story, It might be time to update the "why i want to get in shape" section.
    Theres only one women to flirt with now. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!