Grocery List Help!

Options
I am going shopping tonight for my new lifestyle foods and I need some ideas! I want some variety! So far I have:

Boneless/skinless chicken breast
Tilapia ( the only kind of fish I like)
Corn
Broccoli
Cauliflour
Brussel sprouts
Whole grain rice
Whole wheat bread
egg whites
grapes
watermelon
apples
Silk almond milk
multigrain cheerios
bananas
celery sticks
carrot sticks
natural peanut butter(need brand name)
Chobani greek yogurt
zuccini
squash
lettuce
almonds
dried cranberries
low fat string cheese
onion
low fat cheese
flat out flat bread
peppers
shrimp
whole wheat pasta
almond butter(whole foods store)
Avocados
Cottage cheese
Turkey meat
Salsa
Tortillas
low fat shredded cheese
splenda
balsamic vinegar
white vinegar
cider vinegar
Oatmeal
Flaxmeal

I guess my list seems pretty long. but I feel like its nothing! lol.. I dont have anything on there to eat for lunch! I cant eat sandwiches, they make me feel nausaus ( i dont know why, I use to love them).

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks so so much!

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    chobani greek yogurt

Also, I buy tons of fruit. Tons of cherries, peaches, apples, bananas, just all sorts of fruits to snack on.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    chobani greek yogurt

Also, I buy tons of fruit. Tons of cherries, peaches, apples, bananas, just all sorts of fruits to snack on.

does that yogurt have a sweet taste?

omg! how could I forget bananas? lol.. I love peaches but they have to be PERFECT. and its so hard to find ones I like.. They cant be too soft or hard at all and they have to be perfectly sweet.. I never buy them because I never buy the perfect ones for me =[ boo..What kind of cherries? Im assuming not the yummy kind that go on top of sundays lol
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    This is the best time to get good prices on produce. I'd add all kinds of fruit, as well as veggies: squash, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, spinach.... Better yet, if there is a farmers market by where you live, I'd go shopping for all produce there.
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    Natural peanut butter

is there a brand name I can look for? Peanut butter and apples! Yumm!!!!!
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    This is the best time to get good prices on produce. I'd add all kinds of fruit, as well as veggies: squash, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, spinach.... Better yet, if there is a farmers market by where you live, I'd go shopping for all produce there.

OOh i love squash and zuccini! I added carrots lol.. I cant stand tomatos, cucumbers or spinach (unless its a cheesy spinach dip haha) which I will not be having any of!
  • mfastdriver123
    Options
    Make a veggie wrap. tottilla lunch meat, a little cheese, romaine lettuce, onion, tomato (veggies you like) and roll it up. or if you don't like the tortillas use a lettuce leaf to roll everything together. yum..
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    Natural peanut butter

is there a brand name I can look for? Peanut butter and apples! Yumm!!!!!

I like the Smucker's one myself...and it's super easy to find
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds (I love raw almonds!)

Hummus

Lentils/beans (these can literally be used for anything from soup to breakfast burritos)

Greek yogurt

A chocolate bar (everyone needs a treat...break the bar up into the serving sizes you want right from the beginning so you don't eat the whole thing at once, and whenever you're in need of a fix, get a square and savor it!)
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I like Jif Natural PB, it's lower in sodium, too.
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    Make a veggie wrap. tottilla lunch meat, a little cheese, romaine lettuce, onion, tomato (veggies you like) and roll it up. or if you don't like the tortillas use a lettuce leaf to roll everything together. yum..

omg! I bet all of that on a flat out and baked would be freakin delicious lol
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I'd agree with fresh fruit for snacking. Veggies and dip are good snacks, too. I make my own dip, which makes the veggies doable if you're not usually a big fan. I don't think it's too bad for you, considering how creamy it is... Blend a block of fat free cream cheese, skim milk (I don't measure, I just add more until it's the consistency I want), ranch seasoning, dill and a dash of cayenne pepper.
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    Nuts and seeds (I love raw almonds!)

Hummus

Lentils/beans (these can literally be used for anything from soup to breakfast burritos)

Greek yogurt

A chocolate bar (everyone needs a treat...break the bar up into the serving sizes you want right from the beginning so you don't eat the whole thing at once, and whenever you're in need of a fix, get a square and savor it!)

I love almonds too! I stopped eating them becuase I realized they were super fattening.. then someone told me its good fat.. so idk! lol.. I dont like beans, hummus or chocolate =[ lol!
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    I'd agree with fresh fruit for snacking. Veggies and dip are good snacks, too. I make my own dip, which makes the veggies doable if you're not usually a big fan. I don't think it's too bad for you, considering how creamy it is... Blend a block of fat free cream cheese, skim milk (I don't measure, I just add more until it's the consistency I want), ranch seasoning, dill and a dash of cayenne pepper.

that sounds like a good idea! I guess low fat ranch would be ok too.. too bad it doesnt taste that good lol
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    I like Jif Natural PB, it's lower in sodium, too.

oh I didnt realize regular brand names had natural peanut butter.. honestly, I have never heard of natural peanut butter lol! What do you think about the peanut butter with the flaxseeds floating on top? is it gross?! Ive always wanted to try it but im too chicken..
  • haydenmurphy
    Options
    Ground turkey, taco seasoning, low fat shredded cheeses, tortillas, salsa and you've got yourself a fairly healthy taco!

You can also try almond butter in place of peanut butter - some organic or all natural grocery stores like Sunflower Market or Whole Foods allow you to make it fresh in their store and it takes out a lot of the oils/sugars that get added into butters...

Do you like Shrimp? Shrimp sauteed in olive oil and garlic and served over whole wheat pasta is an awesome meal where you get your carbs and some healthy protein too!

Avocados are also a great fat - high in calories but they are good calories to say the least :)

Also try Cottage Cheese - it's a great snack and high in protein for you... you can add fruit or eat it plain depending on what your prefer in flavors...
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options

that sounds like a good idea! I guess low fat ranch would be ok too.. too bad it doesnt taste that good lol

I make this dip for parties and everyone always says it's got a lot of flavor and they love how thick it is. They usually are surprised that I used fat free everything. I can't stand the tubs of stuff you buy at the store- I'm sorry, dip shouldn't jiggle!
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    Ground turkey, taco seasoning, low fat shredded cheeses, tortillas, salsa and you've got yourself a fairly healthy taco!

You can also try almond butter in place of peanut butter - some organic or all natural grocery stores like Sunflower Market or Whole Foods allow you to make it fresh in their store and it takes out a lot of the oils/sugars that get added into butters...

Do you like Shrimp? Shrimp sauteed in olive oil and garlic and served over whole wheat pasta is an awesome meal where you get your carbs and some healthy protein too!

Avocados are also a great fat - high in calories but they are good calories to say the least :)

Also try Cottage Cheese - it's a great snack and high in protein for you... you can add fruit or eat it plain depending on what your prefer in flavors...

omg! how could I forget turkey meat!? lol! I use to practically live on that stuff! geez! and yea I LOVE shrimp =] I thought it had lots of sodium??
    OMG I LOOOVEEE Avocados! lol.. I cant believe my brain is lacking this morning lol!
    Cottage cheese is good too!
  • jazzy020106
    Options

omg! how could I forget turkey meat!? lol! I use to practically live on that stuff! geez! and yea I LOVE shrimp =] I thought it had lots of sodium??
    OMG I LOOOVEEE Avocados! lol.. I cant believe my brain is lacking this morning lol!
    Cottage cheese is good too!

oops i totally skipped the almond butter part. Ive never had it.. does it taste like peanut butter? we have a whole foods store right down the street! I will have to see if they will let me make it! That would be neat lol.. Does it have less fat and calories than natural peanut butter?
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    What about Hummus for with your carrots? It is delicious! 2 tbsp. of hummus and 10 baby carrots is between 85-100 calories (depending on your flavor of hummus. I like the roasted red pepper).

Also, have you ever tried Sea Cuisine's Parmessan Crusted Tilapia. It is AMAZING! And only 250 calories a filet. I like to pair it with steamed veggies. I usually go for frozen California or Asian blends.

And you can never go wrong with cottage cheese. So many things you can do with it. You can even make it a milkshake!

Sandwiches make you nauseated??? (not nauseous, that means you make other people sick LOL) Could you have a gluten sensitivity? My Hubby has Celiac's (mild form) and shouldn't have gluten at all (but he still sneaks in some here and there,). I've noticed since going almost 100% gluten free for him, that whenever I eat regular pasta or bread now, it makes me feel awful. I'll be bloated and crappy feeling for days! It just isn't worth it to me. Plus I think rice pasta taste way better anyway. And bread is just empty calories in my opinion.