Breakfast cereals!

Options
2»

Replies

• jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    A hard boiled egg and a serving of cereal isn't too bad. Keeps you going.

Or some plain unsweetened oatmeal, add in some fresh berries, sprinkle of cinnamon and maybe some slivered almonds (1 TBSP). It's very tasty.

Whole grain english muffin with 1 TBSP unsweetened/natural peanut butter and a 1/2 tsp of honey drizzled on it.

Scrambled egg whites with 2 TBSP black beans, salsa, tbsp avocado in a whole wheat tortilla. YUM!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    What if you just ate one serving?

One serving (being 30g) is really really really small. It might be that I'm just used to eating too much of it but I'd be hungry by about 9am if I ate just that

So true. Thats why I pack mine full of strawberries and blueberries and stuff. I tried yogurt covered raisins the other day, they were nasty.
  • Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    KASHI FTW! It's tasty, filling and good for you. Just don't have large portions of it, it's very filling. We eat Kashi Go-Lean Crunch.
  • saradas
    saradas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds is only 6gm of sugar .Its not super healthy kind , but makes me happy once in a while when I am tired of others
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    1/2 a cup of oatmeal
    1 scoop of whey protein powder, your favorit flavor
    1 teaspoon of Fat Free Sugar Free Jello pudding mix, your favorit flavor (i like fruity flavors)

Mix these 3 together and store in a small ziploc bag, or serve immediately by adding hot water.

This meal has healthy carbs and protein. Add or reduce carbs by adjusting the amount of oatmeal.

Also makes a great fire-free camping food because it doesn't go bad, and still tastes good if you add cold water instead of hot.