SAHMU PINK TEAM- WEEK 6 (CLOSED)

Options
SAHMU Challenge Week 6

8/25-8/31

Cardio:
Set you goal this week atleast 5% higher than it was last week, we can do this ladies!! Amazing job last week!

**The Team with the highest Calories burned this week gets an extra point!!

I added Week 6 to the Calorie Burn Spreadsheet
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

Please remember to post on your thread and on the main thread how you burned your calories and how many you burned each day, I think this will give us all some new ideas.

Strength and Nutrition Challenge: 1 point for each per day ( possible 14 points)

Wednesday
Nutrition - Under Carbs
Exercise - 25 (per side) Hip Flexor (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=113)

Thursday
Nutrition - Under calories
Exercise - 50 push ups (modified as needed)

Friday
Nutrition - Under Fat
Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=12)

Saturday
Nutrition - Under Sodium
Exercise - 50 Bridges (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=153)

Sunday
Nutrition - Under Carbs
Exercise - 50 skater squats (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=112)

Monday
Nutrition - Under calories
Exercise - 25 Tricep Dips with Bent Knees (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=124)

Tuesday
Nutrition - Under Fat
Exercise - Superman pose - 5 reps, 30 seconds each (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=191)

**Some of you take a day or two break so just double up your strength for one day to get the point

Emotional Challenge:
What was your moment of clarity? What was it that made you say "Enough is enough; I am taking control of my life?" and how does remembering that help you through the emotional and life changing journey of taking off the weight?
**A special Thank you to LoveNverNds for helping me with the emotional Challenge this week.

Good Luck Ladies and I hope you enjoy the challenge this week

Week 6 Points = 16 possible per person
Cardio-1 per person
Strength- 7 per person
Food- 7 per person
Emotion-1 per person

Week 6 Team point = 4 possible for Team(this goes in the Team point line)
Your Team earns 1 point for each challenge the whole Team completed ( your Team only gets the Team Point for the strength and food challenge if everyone completes all the daily challenges.)

Any Week Picture Point=1 per person
Anyone who posts a before pic will earn this extra point to add to there normal week points.

Highest Weight Loss Point= 1 for the Team with the highest weight loss for this week.
Highest Calorie Burn- 1 point for the Team with the highest Calorie Burn

Week 6 total possible points=84 ( not including the Calorie Burn,Picture or highest weight loss Point)

Replies

• MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow sounds like lots to keep us motivated this week. Thank goodness because my birthday is only 8 days away and I don't think I'm gonna make my mini goal, I've gotta try REALLY hard to get a 4 lb. loss!
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Argh, hubby's doing tons of overtime starting tonight until further notice, hopefully I can still squeeze in gym time somewhere!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Here's my workouts for today:

35 minutes of Walking, 3.0 mph, burned 118 calories
    22 minutes of Wii EA Sports Active 2 burned 144
    18 minutes of Wii EA Sports Active 2 burned 69
    2 minutes of Calisthenics, home, light/moderate effort burned 7

I completed the Hip Flexor exercise and will most definitely be under my calories and carbs goals today.

Hope everyone is having/had a good day :)
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Here's my workouts for today:

75 minutes of walking 3.5mph (with Lucas in the carrier on my back, we walked to the park for him to play) - 504 calories
    60 minutes of walking 3.0 (took the shorter route home. Also with a sleeping Lucas on my back!) - 241 calories
    35 minutes of Zumba - 265 calories

I also did my hip flexors. And in addition did 50 crunches, 10 push-ups, 50 leg lifts.

Total of 1010 calories. I may go for a walk tonight, but most likely will stay home with the family and watch some tv, as I've been out and about every night this week and haven't had much family time!

I'll defintiely be under my carbs today. I'm way under my calories too... gotta find something else to eat, which is hard we don't have much and grocery shopping isn't til Friday!

Emotional Challenge:
    What was your moment of clarity? What was it that made you say "Enough is enough; I am taking control of my life?" and how does remembering that help you through the emotional and life changing journey of taking off the weight

My cousin came back from spending a year deployed in Afghanistan and we went out to the pubs to celebrate, took tons of pictures, and the next morning I looked at them and nearly had a heart attack at how huge I was! But I kind of shrugged it off as I had just had my son a few months before that. Fast forward to Christmas, I was so unhappy with myself how I looked, and the pictures spoke volumes. Thankfully a few of the mom's in my mommy group started talking about New Years Resolutions and finally doing something about our weight (our kids were 8-9 months at this point). So we set up a Biggest Loser competition. This was it, I was determined to do something about this weight. The real shocker for me was when everyone did their intial weigh-ins, this one girl who I had always thought of as muuuuuch larger than myself, weighed only 10 lbs. more than me! That right there was my motivation. All the other mom's cheated on their diets, slacked in exercise, and eventually faded off; but I kept going and wasn't going to stop. I lost 40 lbs. in the 4 months that the competition was on. 195 down to 155. Then I slipped back into old habits. But when it came time to get my butt in gear and finally get rid of this weight for good, I thought about how much determination, focus and success I had and I jumped back on the wagon fully and haven't looked back!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I posted week 5 team results under the week 5 thread if anyone is looking for them. Thanks.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Can everyone please go to the spreadsheets and input there total points and weight loss this week, remember ifyou have gained weight count it as 0 for the week, also make sure the previous weeks are complete as well. Thanks and as soon as this is done I will give a little update on who won the highest weight loss for the week and who earned the most points.
    Karie

Also make sure you go to week 5 and vote for a recipe!!!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Options
    Can everyone please go to the spreadsheets and input there total points and weight loss this week, remember ifyou have gained weight count it as 0 for the week, also make sure the previous weeks are complete as well. Thanks and as soon as this is done I will give a little update on who won the highest weight loss for the week and who earned the most points.
    Karie

Also make sure you go to week 5 and vote for a recipe!!!

All of the points, weights, and calories burned have been added. Just need everone to go to the week 5 main thread and vote for your favorite team recipe! THANKS!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Here's my exercise info. for today.

40 minutes of Wii Just Dance2 burned 184 calories
    1 minute of Push-ups, vigorous burned 8 calories
    45 minutes of Wii Fit Free Step burned 150 calories
    14 minutes of Wii tennis burned 57 calories

I completed the 50 (standing) push ups for today and will definitely be under my calories for the day.
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    So Lucas has been fighting bedtime like no other lately, 2 nights ago I got fed up and took him for a long walk, he came home and went to sleep in under 15 minutes! So I tried again last night - less than 15 minutes again! So I'm loving that his hatred of sleep is getting my butt out for another hour walk after the workouts and walks I already do in the daytime! Woohoo, thanks Lucas haha.

Anyways so far today I've gone for a 45 minute walk down to the hubby's work - uphill the whole way. I swear I live in the hilliest little city! And I did 30 minutes of Zumba, along with my 50 pushups (and 50 crunches, and 50 leg lifts as well) and I'll be going for another hour walk tonight. So I'm thinking I'll be close to 1000 calories burned again today! yay!
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    So yesterday I ended up doing 30 minutes Zumba - 265 cals.
    45 minutes walking @ 3.5 uphill - 302 cals.
    and 90 minutes walking @ 3.0 - 302 cals.

for a total of 869.

I was under my calories, did my push-ups etc.

This week is shaping up to be good, I really really really wanna wake up on my birthday and see 145 on the scale!! I'm being super vigilant about what I'm eating. For example tonight is a girlfriend's birthday BBQ, but I'm going to eat before I head over there so I'm not tempted by any of the junk food (as I don't eat the foods she's actually bbqing). Tomorrow I have plans to pick up my Nana and take her for a walk in her wheelchair down to the mall and to Tim Horton's for lunch. So that will be a great burn (it's a loooong uphill walk to the mall!)

How's everyone else doing?
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    I was proud of myself today. I woke up at 6:30 as I had planned and got everyone up and ready (DH for work, Caeleb for school, and me getting Casyn dressed). I walked Caeleb to school (pushing Casyn in the stroller) and then walked the long(er) way home and then Casyn and I headed out grocery shopping. We went to 3 different stores and came home unloaded and I NORMALLY decide "Oh I don't feel like working out now, that was enough work that I just did, etc etc" But, today, I sucked it up and worked out on the Wii. I burned 335 calories so far, as I still have to do my challenge exercises (I'm going to do todays, tomorrows and Sundays all today, since I'm not sure of our weekend plans), so that will be some additional stuff. Anyways, I know it's nothing major, but I was just proud of myself for working out even though I didn't really want to at the time.
  • Tayla_Grant
    Options
    WEEK 5 RESULTS: (I copy and pasted from losinit_4_good's post on the main sahmu thread for week 5).

CONGRATS LADIES!!! AMAZING JOB!

Hey y'all! Karie is busy this weekend so she has asked me to take over reporting the resuls from Week 5 as well as monitoriing the challenge for Week 6. So if you have any questions, or need any thing clarifyed in the next few days send me a note and I'll do my very best to help

Week 5 Results:
    Calorie Burn
    1st Place: Pink with 25130 calories burned! Girls you are an inspiration to us all! Three cheers for Pink!!!
    2nd Place: Black with 20075 calories burned. Amazing!!
    3rd Place: Yellow with 17406 calories burned. Great job!

Weight Loss
    1st Place: Black with 10.3lbs loss! WOO HOO!!
    2nd Place: Pink with 10.2;bs loss! Congrats!
    3rd Place: Green with 7.2lbs loss! Go Green!

Recipe Challenge:
    No Contest here ladies, Pink team blew it out of the water with the Apple Pinwheel Recipe. It got such got response that I've copied below so we all have it fresh in our minds. I seriously cannot wait to try it!

Here is the winner for the Pink Teams Recipe Challenge provided by jennyfair24:

Apple Pinwheels
    Ingredients
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    1-1/2 teaspoons honey
    1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
    2 tablespoons raisins
    4 medium unpeeled Red Delicious apples, cored
    Directions
    In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and honey; fold in chocolate chips and raisins.
    Fill centers of apples with peanut butter mixture; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-in. rings. Makes about 2 dozen.

Nutrition Facts: 1 apple ring ~ 50 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone's doing so well! Me- not so much. I managed to go over calories by almost 4000 today and did the same wednesday..I have a serious problem. Well I don't usually put it out there, maybe writing it will shame me to change my ways lol. There's not enough hours left in the day to try and work off some more of the damage, so tomorrow's a new day hopefully. Hubby's gone all weekend so I'll have a LOT of hours to try and not eat my house down. Wish me luck team. You are all gonna rock this week so I HAVE to try and keep up =O
    Goodnight. I've got to try and get this one night owl of a baby to bed =P
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Yesterday was great.
    Cleaning, light, moderate effort 30 min burned 84 cals
    Zumba - Mid intensity 35 minutes burned 309 cals
    30 Day Shred 30 minutes burned 269 calories
    Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog 35 minutes burned 130 calories
    Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist 75 minutes burned 404 calories

For a total of 1196. Went a little over my calories as I had a few drinks, but I stuck with vodka, diet sprite and lime. So as low cal as I could get! However my scale was DOWN this morning 147.4 WOOOOHOOOOO! 2.4 to go til my goal, and yes I realize I only have 5 days, but I'm hoping!

chellaJKR: blaaah I totally get it. I have really bad binge days, like when I'm bad, I'm baaaad. At least you always have killer workouts! But good luck this week, I know you'll do great :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Sorry things aren't going well for you ChellaJKR. I hope that today is better for you.

WTG Michelle on all those burns. You are amazing!

Here's my stuff from yesterday (Friday):
    38 minutes of Wii EA Active 2 burned 268 calories
    20 minute walk at 3.0 mph burned 67 calories
    8 minutes of calisthenics burned 29 calories

So far today (Saturday), I haven't done any working out. We were gone until 2 this afternoon and when we got home, I've been doing stuff around here. I'm hoping to go either for a walk or to the subdivision pool this evening.
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    I forgot to add that I was under my Fat yesterday.

Today, I'm under Sodium (barely) and here's my exercise stuff:
    20 minutes of playing catch (DH & I played catch at the pool for more than 20 minutes, but I rounded down) burned 51 calories
    5 minutes of swimming (the 4 of us went to the pool for almost 2 hours, but I barely swam) burned 31 calories
    10 minutes of mowing lawn (I went out to *attempt* to help DH, but I suck) burned 56 calories
    25 minutes of Wii Tennis burned 102 calories
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    I'm under my Carbs for today and here's my exercise info:
    45 minutes of Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace burned 175 calories
    40 minutes of Wii Just Dance 2 burned 196 calories
    60 minutes of Cleaning, light, moderate effort burned 153 calories
    (I actually cleaned for over 2 1/2 hours, but I don't think I burned as much as MFP said, so I rounded down)
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Oh I guess I've been forgetting to mention, I've been under on all the required things each day! Haven't gotten in as much exercise as I wanted to this weekend, but I've done my 30DS both days, 50 minutes of walking yesterday, and so far 25 minutes today, but am about to head out for a 60+ minute walk. Definitely going to surpass my calories burned goal for the week :)

I can't believe I'm down to 147... ugh if I could just get these 2 lbs. off by Thursday I'd be so ecstatic, or even 1.1 lbs and put me at 145.9! lol. I'm being so careful this week, because I just know that on my birthday I'll be indulging in all sorts of yummy, bad for you stuff! I couldn't do it without all of you guys though, your support and knowing I have to be accountable keeps me going!!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Options
    hey Ladies! Please bare with me... I just had the power restored from the outage we had as a result of the hurricane. Not sure if it's a permanent restoration or just temporary so I wanted to come on here and give a little Hello and tell you that I will be updating everything tomorrow morning as I have to catch up on everything! I hope all is well with everyone and I will comment on everyones efforts and post all of my stats tomorrow. Thank you!