Stronger, Better, Faster challenge - Dec 18

cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Hello everyone. I am still here - if I have time to post, it is usually at the end of the day and nobody sees them. Oh well! Today I managed to get here early, so I will start things up. In case you haven't seen, I wasn't too affected by the ice storm personally... but since I work for a power company that had over 200,000 customers out up in Maine, we were all pretty busy at work. Plus it's always super busy this time of year, and I have been working like crazy. I also still have some shopping to do, and every day this week I have been meaning to get presents wrapped to ship and I still haven't managed it! Guess I'm going with 2-day shipping... :wink:

Anyway, I am doing OK exercise-wise (pushups and aerobics class, plus walks). But holiday eating has been a problem. I am certain that stress has a lot to do with it. Today I am going to try to get to Zumba class for the first time in weeks, and then I need to work on my project. I can't wait until I am done.

I hope you all have a great day. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Hello everyone. I am still here - if I have time to post, it is usually at the end of the day and nobody sees them. Oh well! Today I managed to get here early, so I will start things up. In case you haven't seen, I wasn't too affected by the ice storm personally... but since I work for a power company that had over 200,000 customers out up in Maine, we were all pretty busy at work. Plus it's always super busy this time of year, and I have been working like crazy. I also still have some shopping to do, and every day this week I have been meaning to get presents wrapped to ship and I still haven't managed it! Guess I'm going with 2-day shipping... :wink:

Anyway, I am doing OK exercise-wise (pushups and aerobics class, plus walks). But holiday eating has been a problem. I am certain that stress has a lot to do with it. Today I am going to try to get to Zumba class for the first time in weeks, and then I need to work on my project. I can't wait until I am done.

I hope you all have a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    You sound quite busy Cp!!

I just have been lazy. For the last week I have done nothing but eat over my cals! I have not even been jogging or doing the shred! No jogging because of the -25C and no shred because lazy haha

Today we finally went jogging. It was a bit nip out but not too bad once you are jogging. I feel good though I have been up since 5am. NEVER thought that would happen! I want to stay in my cals today... and only go over 100, which shouldnt be too bad. I will be eating dinner at work (since I work in a kitchen) I will be having broiled salmon with peppers, rice, and a butter garlic sauce made with: chives, white wine, garlic and butter. I cant wait! I will be leaving about 600-700 cals for it. I think that will be enough!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Morning everyone.

So, I'm packing my shoes and hoping for the best again. . .if I make it out of the office in time to fit in a workout between work and rehearsal, I'll try to do that. Even after a short elliptical session, I slept better last night.

Oh, and for whatever reason, I lost five pounds since two weeks ago. And, I'm deep in the throes of PMS, which usually puts me up five pounds. . .I'm not counting/recording it, but it puts me at 140 vs. 140ish, and under 140 is my true goal weight. Stress? Lack of glycogen? Sodium and grease secret diet foods? I have no idea, but find it ironic that when I don't do anything at all, I drop five pounds like it was nothing. Maybe I'm not eating enough normally? In the interest of thinking positively, maybe a break from "good food" and "perfectly scheduled workouts" is what my body needs to drop the last bit and even out? I shudder to think of the amount of calories I'm actually ingesting, but I also never stop moving during my day.

Here's to projects being finished, bed rest being easy (or not necessary) , presents getting efficiently wrapped and little Christmas tree cookies being healthy! (OK, maybe that last one not so much)

Take care,
    :flowerforyou: V.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    CP! Good to see you as always! I go back and read the latest posts, so yours aren't forgotten. I just forget to comment on them. When is your project due?
    Well, some good news here. I was able to get some more bloodwork done to make sure my levels are where they should be. It was going to costs $150 for three tests (ones a retake on Friday to make sure levels are doubling). It ended up costing $50 for the tests and included my thyroid check! That was the Lord watching out for us! I should get the results back today, maybe tomorrow. She also said that I may go home for Christmas IF I feel I am up to it! So I am trying to put my emotions aside and let my body do the talking. I am still on bedrest for now. The level results may change that but I kind of doubt it. I will be on bedrest till the spotting stops I am guessing. I am getting kind of used to it, and because I am a lazy person it may be hard for me to get back to doing things when I can. Oh and the midwife is also trying to find out from the sonogram people if there was anything that showed up that might be a reason for the bleeding, serious or not. I really like Sarah, she is really neat and very sweet and caring.
    Anyway, my exercise for the day will be trying to get some presents wrapped. They are small and light so I think I can handle those. DH can get the big ones, which haven't come yet. We've ordered everything online. Geeks. Other than present wrapping I will be laying around some more.
    Have a good day everyone!
    MM

Congrats Vivia on your loss, no matter how it came! :laugh:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    CP - I go back and read the posts too, I just missed the one on the 15th since I was out of town.

MM - I don't know how you stand it. Bed rest would be torture for me - even as much as I love to sleep!

Yesterday - taught yoga (good tough class) - and did elliptical/walk/jog - did 3 minutes jogging - that's a first. I had to slow down to 5.5 mph to do it though.

Happy workouts!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Well yesterday I did Plyometrics and even though I only did about 35min instead of the hour, I still managed to burn about 380calories. Whoohoo! Then since I had a huge amount of calories to eat, I had grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, and carrots for dinner. Weird combo, but it really hit the spot! :laugh:

Today I'll be doing Shoulders, Arms, and Abs, and I just need to focus on getting my water. I haven't been doing a good job of that at all! I don't have a scale at my mom's house now and I'm refusing to bring mine there with me, so I'm not going to be weighing myself until the end of my first 30days of P90x. I'm on Day 3 now! I actually feel a lot better not having the scale around. I know that with the work I'm doing now, and the way I'm eating, I'm sure to see results, so I just keep a positive attitude and bust my butt!

I'm proud of myself for staying away from eating for comfort. Especially since I haven't seen my bf for days (he's been workin 12+ hrs a day!) and I've been rather lonely. It has helped me focus on my school work though, which is always a plus. We have a movie date set for tonight though, if he gets out of work early enough, so I have to get my workout and shower done as soon as I get home.

Well I think that's enough for today! :happy:

CP - I wish you well on your project!
    MM - Keep taking care of yourself!

:heart: