This is so hard.

Options
Does anyone else find that the last 10-15 pounds are the hardest? It's so annoying. I used to be 160 and now I'm 128. I came most of the way, but I need to lose these last 10-15 pounds to be happy with myself and doing it the way I used to clearly isn't working for me. any suggestions? I drink A LOT of water. My diary isn't viewable to everyone, but generally in a day I'll eat about 200 calories for breakfast (healthy stuff, like eggwhites and whole grain toast), I'll have a snack in between breakfast and lunch (fruit, usually), i'll have about 300 calories for lunch, then dinner is kind of out of my control because my parents cook, but they are pretty healthy people. So it's usually whole grain and a vegetable (I'm a veggie), then I might have a 100 calorie snack after dinner. Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No it sounds like you are eating right. The last few pounds just come off slower than the rest. Keep with it and you'll get there.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    The last few lbs are always the hardest. I was losing about 10 lbs every 2 months (my average), and now I am struggling to lose the last 5 lbs (I still have about 2 lbs to go). You will probably have to play with your calorie intake a little. I have had to increase my calories then drop them back down again. You have to keep your body guessing - it gets used to the same thing over and over again. I would try increase to see if that jumpstarts things again; I know it sounds weird but it works. I am proof of it.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds are the most difficult.... you are NOT wrong and you are NOT alone. Now that you are lighter, you burn less calories when you workout and it's perfectly normal... so the deficit takes longer to add up.... not to mention that your body is feeling pretty content at 'this' weight and unwilling to let go of more reserves. Do change it up a little, diet and exercise wise, and you should see results a little bit sooner than later. Just remember, keep on!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Yes very hard, however since I've been eating all of my calories to include the exercise calories I lost 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I think my body needed the extra calories. Just keep at it and it will come off. Slowly but surely :flowerforyou:
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    I was stuck on my last 10 lbs for MONTHS. Your body does it naturally.

You said you "had to lose 10-15 lbs to feel good about yourself" which upsets me a bit because I remember thinking "If I'm not 155 or 150 then I'll be fat and ugly" ... now I am not at that weight but I feel great because I eat right and kick *kitten* at the gym and I feel great. It really isn't about what I see on the scale anymore.

Being 118/115 will not instantly make you feel amazing. You need to be happy with who you are.

What is your exercise like? If you're only doing cardio, add some weight lifting in. It will help! I bet you'll feel great in no time.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I changed my loss goal to 1/2 pound per week, and ate half my exercise calories. That got me out of my plateau.