23 weeks pregnant tomorrow!!

Options
GinaB30
GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
I miss this place!!
23 weeks tomorrow so I'm getting there and then I'll be back here counting calories and working out more!
So far though, I've only gained TWO pounds with this pregnancy!!
If I can somehow keep it under 20 (because I figure I'll gain more at the end) than that would ROCK!!
Miss everyone!!

Replies

• GinaB30
    Options
    I miss this place!!
    23 weeks tomorrow so I'm getting there and then I'll be back here counting calories and working out more!
    If I can somehow keep it under 20 (because I figure I'll gain more at the end) than that would ROCK!!
    Miss everyone!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere where it said that when your pregnant your only supposed to be eating 200 more calories than what you need...So I hope that helps :) congrads on the pregnancy
  • GinaB30
    Options
    Yeah I know you aren't supposed to eat much more but tell that to cravings! lol
    I try to not give in all the time or anything but man, when you want something SO bad....yeah....guilty as charged!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing well! Take care of yourself! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I am 14 weeks behind you! Congrats on only gaining two pounds. I've been on bedrest the last three weeks and I've gained probably four or five! It's hard when you have to eat what people bring you and you can't prepare healthier foods. I hope to be off the rest soon and start walking and cooking again! I ws hoping to gain only 20-25 but look kind of grim! Do you know what you are having yet? We aren't going to find out. We like the surprise! I'm happy for you!
    MM
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on both the baby & your healthy pregnancy!! You'll be in a good position to handle labor. Remember, there's a reason they call it that! You will be amazed that by staying in shape & taking care of yourself how fast you'll rebound after the baby comes! Keep in mind that you will gain weight, it's hard to see that scale go up every week but it's all very necessary. As long as it's healthy. You know what you're putting into your body & you know what your baby needs to grow well.

I did really well with my first baby! Working out at the gym serveral times a week & I was really able to keep my weight gain under control. I had a hard time getting back to the gym once she came & settled for working out at home.... ... second baby comes & here I am trying to lose weight that I thought was gone forever! What I'm saying is take care of you & by doing so you'll be taking care of your baby & your family! A happy Mom is a good Mom!

Keep up the good work! I wish you & your family all the best! :bigsmile:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I am 14 weeks behind you! Congrats on only gaining two pounds. I've been on bedrest the last three weeks and I've gained probably four or five! It's hard when you have to eat what people bring you and you can't prepare healthier foods. I hope to be off the rest soon and start walking and cooking again! I ws hoping to gain only 20-25 but look kind of grim! Do you know what you are having yet? We aren't going to find out. We like the surprise! I'm happy for you!
    MM

Hang in there! I can't imagine being on bed rest! But, if it's needed then take care of yourself, because it's what's most important!

How exciting that you are keeping the sex of the baby a surprise!

Congrats to you & your family!
  • GinaB30
    Options
    MM

AW I am so sorry to hear about the bedrest, that sucks! =o/
    That would cause anyone to gain weight!
    I think the ONLY reason I haven't gained anything much is because right before I got pregnant I had lost 22 lbs and sped up my metabolism a bit. At least that's what it seems like because TRUST me I eat!! lol

No idea what I'm having but I have one girl and one boy and I THINK that this is a girl based on the *needle* test! It worked for the other two!! lol
  • GinaB30
    Options
    Congrats to you on both the baby & your healthy pregnancy!! You'll be in a good position to handle labor. Remember, there's a reason they call it that! You will be amazed that by staying in shape & taking care of yourself how fast you'll rebound after the baby comes! Keep in mind that you will gain weight, it's hard to see that scale go up every week but it's all very necessary. As long as it's healthy. You know what you're putting into your body & you know what your baby needs to grow well.

I did really well with my first baby! Working out at the gym serveral times a week & I was really able to keep my weight gain under control. I had a hard time getting back to the gym once she came & settled for working out at home.... ... second baby comes & here I am trying to lose weight that I thought was gone forever! What I'm saying is take care of you & by doing so you'll be taking care of your baby & your family! A happy Mom is a good Mom!

Keep up the good work! I wish you & your family all the best! :bigsmile:

Thank you!
    This is actually baby #3 for me!!
    Labor sucks but thankfully I've had two good somewhat *fast* labors with the other two so although its intense and HURTS it's not that LONNNGG! lol

I have weight to lose from before, so if I can keep this weight gain under control and work on it more after I have the baby and am breastfeeding, I'll be thrilled! lol
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Congradulations.

I would say I miss being pregnant, but I was on bed rest for most of mine, which sucked big time.
  • GinaB30
    Options
    That would suck!!! I do not envy bedrest.
    As it is I have annoying pregnancies, with complications (spotting, cramping, ultrasound scares, etc)
    And lots of morning sickness the entire time. Ew!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    So you've had spotting and cramping and have never been put on bed rest? That's why I am on bed rest. I'm not cramping anymore, but I still spot some. My midwife is pretty strict about wanting me on bed rest right now. But my levels are increasing and everything looks good! Now if the bleeding will just stop! :grumble:
    MM
  • GinaB30
    Options
    With my first pregnancy I had cramping/spotting and the Dr. said (and I quote)

"Just go get an medical abortion because you are going to miscarry anyway and its just *cells*."

UM

So I got a NEW Dr. and she ordered an ultrasound, found a tear in the placenta (that caused the spotting/cramping) and although I had to take it easy at work (not lift, etc) I never had to go on bed rest.
    I did have lots of problems with that pregnancy, had to be monitored a LOT and had lots of stress tests and ultrasounds...she's going to be 7 in June! =o)

With my 2nd I had bad cramping and I actually thought I was having a miscarriage but everything turned out fine with him too. Had no bed rest though.
    I think if you're having prolonged spotting (mine was over the course of a week maybe?) than that's probably why you need the bed rest just to make sure everything is sticking!
    You be careful young lady!! lol

=o)
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yeah I've been spotting for 3 weeks. Annoying! It is getting less though. We didn't see anything on the sonogram indicating a problem that I know of. I'm confident the baby is fine. I just wonder why I am bleeding. I am glad your babies turned out perfect and this pregnancy is going well for you.:flowerforyou:
    MM
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I miss this place!!
    Miss everyone!!

You are doing fantastic!!!!!

We miss you!!!!

Stay Healthy & Happy

Kathy
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been spotting for 3 weeks. Annoying! It is getting less though. We didn't see anything on the sonogram indicating a problem that I know of. I'm confident the baby is fine. I just wonder why I am bleeding. I am glad your babies turned out perfect and this pregnancy is going well for you.:flowerforyou:
    MM

God Bless
  • GinaB30
    Options
    MM

Some women just spot during the pregnancy, some the entire time without ever a real *problem* or anything- so I hope and pray everything goes well for you and that you have a great *rest* of your pregnancy!! =o)
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Dude - hope your flux capacitor is working - you may not be able to get back homie
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    GinaB30 wrote: »
    I miss this place!!
    Miss everyone!!

Just gave birth, and I can tell you I gained like 5-10 pounds until like 30 weeks then put on a whole bunch, mostly water retention! I thought I was gonna stay under 20 as well. Don’t count on it so you’re not hard on yourself if you gain more than that! I gained 50 for my entire pregnancy but after I gave birth 40 came off and I’m 2 weeks postpartum!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Also had a preemie baby at 35 weeks! In 2 weeks I gained 20 pounds. Lol