Rude Comments

Options
Yesterday I was walking down the hall at work, and a guy commented about me losing weight. He said "you've lost what 25-30 pounds." I said "Yep, around there about 10-15 more to go." His response..."Go ahead and lose 20 so you have some cushion when you put some back on." How can people say such things? So much for feeling good about a loss.

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was walking down the hall at work, and a guy commented about me losing weight. He said "you've lost what 25-30 pounds." I said "Yep, around there about 10-15 more to go." His response..."Go ahead and lose 20 so you have some cushion when you put some back on." How can people say such things? So much for feeling good about a loss.

Ignore him. I'm sure his wife is sleeping around.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    :mad:

People like this infuriate me but brush it off and move on....

There most likely is something in their life that sucks so bad that they get off by treating others badly and it's a shame.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    He's probably dieted before and put weight right back on again afterward so he's bitter. My response would have been "I'm not quitting after I reach my goal like most people do, this is my new lifestyle."
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options

LOL
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My friend said I look like a crack head.
  • janebowenlmt
    Options
    What's the old saying?

"I may be heavier than I like, but you're a dumb@ss and I can diet.

Oh look at all the weight I've lost, how much dumb@ss have you lost? Yeah didn't think so!"

Ok, maybe that's not such an old saying, but you get my meaning,
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    point at him....laugh at him....walk away.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options

This. But seriously, how rude. I'd say somebody is bitter...
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options

I don't want to be annoying but i've actually read a few articles about dieting that have given that very advice. Obviously i wasn't there and don't know how he said it but could it possibly just have been a bit of advice? He was only suggesting giving yourself around 5lb cushion, he wasn't saying your going to put it all back on.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    point at his crotch....laugh at him....walk away.
    fixed
  • brenda58
    Options
    :wink: :wink: Don't mind him, some people just open up their mouth without thinking! By the way congrates to you for doing a :smile:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    fixed

yeah...that's better!! insult his "manhood"
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    People have been brought up for harassment for less than that. My boss just had to pay out 10K for unwanted compliments to a female employee!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

Who cares what some jagoff said in the hallway? Are you losing the weight to satisfy him?

I am trying to remain fit for one reason only. I'm not happy with my weight. My wife and kids love me the way I am. My weight is not an issue to my friends or soccer mates. So, the only one that cares is me.

If a work mate passed me in the hall with a disparaging remark, I would have said "Blow me," , busted out laughing and moved on down the hallway.
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    OMG that was hilarious!!!
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ok, some of the guys on here are making me spew coffee I'm laughing so hard. Histerical! As for the rude comments, as painful as they are, perhaps he was really trying to mean well and it just came off badly. Maybe he was just trying to help you figure out how to maintain your weight after you lose it. Try not to sweat it, you look beautiful...
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options

:laugh:
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    fixed

:laugh:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Did you slap him? I would have. Or I would have told him if he would like a steaming cup of STFU!!!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Don't get mad. Get even. *evil smile*