Too much protein - is that bad?

Options
I find that I go over my "allowance" of protein almost every day. While I'm not going over anything else, I thought there was no such thing as "too much protein".

Is it bad to go over your protein allowance?

Replies

• chunkyb
    chunkyb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I find that I go over my "allowance" of protein almost every day. While I'm not going over anything else, I thought there was no such thing as "too much protein".

• gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It all really depends on two things. Are you weight training and are you male. If yes to both you need something around .6~.9 grams per pound of body weight. I run about 150 grams of protein per day or else I feel bad. I probably should be getting 180ish but I cannot fit that in and keep the calories down at the same time. I don't feel its bad to go over unless you are really sacrificing something to do that. If your fat is low and you still get it and feel good about it I say run with it.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

Not unles there is a history of diabetes in your family, although I'm told that it's not always genetic nowadays :noway:
    I'm a diabetic, and only allowed 65grams per day - but I rarely have half that amount