could use some advice.

I have the same three problem areas that I think most women have! The belly pouch, the love handles, and the inner legs. I have lost 21lbs, but my love handles don't seem to be shrinking any. If you look at a side view of my stomach you can tell I have lost a bit of weight, but if you look at me straight on my hips/love handles still look huge! I am wondering how some of you have shed weight from your hips and well as your inner legs. A little about my exercise routine, I try to ride my bike anywhere from 1 hr to 1 1/2 hours 4 days a week. The other days I am at work, but I work in an ER so I am CONSTANTLY on my feet for 12 hours. I also try to follow a 1,200-1,300 calorie a day diet, as well as, crunches and some love handle exercises. Could anyone give me any advice? I have a little over 19 more lbs to lose to get back to my 148 goal. I am 5'9". Thank you=].

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    on a woman there are areas that are easy to tone and there are areas that are not.

on a woman there are areas that will always have fat, and on all women these areas are the ones that will be the last to go only through an amazing diet and tons of cardio. Thighs and tummy fat is always the last to disappear.

Leg fat on the inner thigh: cardio, high reps, toning
    Belly fat: cardio, tons of sucking inthe gut exercises like pilates, and an amazingly patient diet that you must follow for the rest of your life.

it can be done! best wishes. happy training.
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Ok you can't really spot reduce areas, getting rid of these areas will be mainly from your diet, you need to loose fat. I would advise you eat more try 15000 cals but you may need more, do some strength training, the crunches won't will only build e muscle which you won't see until you loose the layer of fat covering the muscle.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    In the 30DS dvd Jullian has a specific exercise for that...can anyone help me out with what its called for her?
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It's changed my life and my body. It's only a 20 minute workout so it's easy to fit into your life and all you need are 3 pound hand weights. I did this and lost 4.5 inches off my entire body in 6 weeks. I have now moved on to her next DVD series called Ripped in 30. You will get results!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Ok you can't really spot reduce areas, getting rid of these areas will be mainly from your diet, you need to loose fat. I would advise you eat more try 15000 cals but you may need more, do some strength training, the crunches won't will only build e muscle which you won't see until you loose the layer of fat covering the muscle.

15000 calorires!!!!! holy schnapps!
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Experience has taught me that those areas are the last to go. I am 4 lbs from my "goal weight" and I have only in the last 2 months seen any difference in my inner thighs. Mind you, I haven't lost any weight the past 2 months. I've been at a steady 159 lbs... but I've been building muscle and the fat is slowly coming off.
    I run up to 4 times a week, do karate training 3-4 times a week and try to work in strength training at least twice a week. My little belly and the love handles were the last things to go. If you keep at it and just do strength exercises, like planks, side planks and stability ball stuff, you will see those areas shrink, but it will take time and it won't be as dramatic as the changes you've already seen in your body.

Try to focus more on building strength and muscle and the fat will eventually come off. Don't get discouraged.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    "In the 30DS dvd Jullian has a specific exercise for that...can anyone help me out with what its called for her?"

JM's 30 day shred calls it a reverse crunch. Lift your legs and your rear up instead of your head and your shoulders.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Here's a vidoe of a reverse crunch. http://www.ehow.com/video_16237_reverse-crunch.html