MFP Runners Club December 18

5.5 miles easy run today, 65 and sunny - great day to be out.:smile:

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    5.5 miles easy run today, 65 and sunny - great day to be out.:smile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Today was the first time in about a week! I didnt want to go out in -25C! today wasnt too bad! Felt good to go again!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    No running today for me. Still battling a cold. Hopefully I will be to run next week. I did get up to go meet the running group for coffee.:smokin: Does that still count for something? :bigsmile:
  • Can I join?

I'm hoping to make it out for an easy 3 on my lunch break but there is about 6 inches of fresh snowfall covering the 2 inch layer of ice so we will see how far I get before falling.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Can I join?

I'm hoping to make it out for an easy 3 on my lunch break but there is about 6 inches of fresh snowfall covering the 2 inch layer of ice so we will see how far I get before falling.

You sure can! Be careful out there!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    No run today, VERY cold and it's supposed to get icy/ nasty out later!

ChaLean Extreme... Burn Circuit #2 for me at home today. :smile:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Ran 4.7 miles in 40 minutes last night. :smile: It was surprisingly easy to do the second half at 7.2 mph. Will try to repeat tonight.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Today was a lifting day, just a quick 1/4 mile warmup/cool down jog to and from the gym!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    I ran for 20 min, went to an hour spin class, then ran another 20 min. I plan on 13.1 tomorrow! I have a great area mapped out!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    No run yet had to go do Christmas Parties for my kids schools I am the room mom... But hoping to run after my older daughter gets home and can watch the other two. I want to run today at least 5 miles. Will let you know if I get out there before the ice storm heading this way!!:grumble:

Alisha
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    short run today - only 2 miles I've been getting shin splints - and I have a blister on my right toe - I'm thinking I need some new running shoes

78 degrees here in florida
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Ran 3 miles easy this morning and did Tempo runs Tuesday night with the training group. I've been forgetting to post lately. My son has been very sick and we just found out needs surgery. So I am a bit distracted! But thank God for the stress reduction of running and the support of a blog like this!
    Bunny
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Sorry to hear that, BunnyR. Hope that your son's ok.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    I beat the ice storm and got 5 miles in. Hope everyone enjoyed their run today!!!

Alisha:happy:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Hi everyone! I got in 5.25 today and then a 60 min session with my trainer. Great workout today! Good thing, too, because I made white chocolate dipped pretzels and had to "test" them out!!!
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Yesterday my sports doctor/chiropractor gave me a prescription to run! There's nothing that makes me happier than getting the green light. :happy: He said he doesn't want to see me again until I have a couple short runs under my belt. Now the weather just needs to stop bringing snow and ice, which make me chicken. :blushing: I may go the the Y on Saturday and try running around the indoor track for about 15 minutes.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Sorry to hear that, BunnyR. Hope that your son's ok.

thanks yellow pepper. He should have surgery next week. They are going to let me stay in the hospital with him - that is a blessing.
    Bunny